Christian David - 2017 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,229
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    NERR โ€@NERRHoops 8h8 hours ago
    Oregon, Butler, Notre Dame, Stanford, Northwestern & Brown were all at @VTACADEMYHOOPS yesterday

Tyler Hicks โ€@THicksBH 5h5 hours ago
    2017 G/W Christian David.

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,340
    Adam Finkelstein โ€@AdamFinkelstein ยท 10m10 minutes ago
    Butler has offered ESPN 100 & @VTAcademyHoops swingman Christian David.

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,657
    Butler has offered Christian David, 2017 wing from Canada playing prep hoops in the northeast. Butler watched him in February and last fall.

Consensus top-100 player. Long list of high major offers. Competition is extremely tough for this guy.

Edit: Whoops. I was scooped.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,229
  6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,229
    Sorry for the delays. Thread is up for Butler's newest offer.

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,211
    I like his game as shown. Nice stroke. Head up. Passes well. Goes to the rim. And he seems to have a frame that will fill out nicely. (The only thing not shown was his defense. I know: highlight reel.)
    He looks like a great pick up.

8. JCA 2013

JCA 2013 Active Member

Money:
    $181
    Definitely the kind of player that would help us in the Big East. He's got a really nice frame and some versatility to his offensive game.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,657
    Huge fan of his game and this offer. This guy could be special. He's got the kind of frame that could take him to the Association. Would be ecstatic if we could get a commitment. I may have a new favorite target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,324
    [tweet]755398551694249985[/tweet]

We've made the cut for his final 5.

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,690
    This is the kid I want. Dang Creighton is doing a great job in making lists and getting recruits. I'd hate to see him playing for Creighton against us,

12. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $2,493
    Creighton already has 2 2017 SG's committed and just landed Kobe Paras who's a year ahead of David, so they would make no sense for him IMO. Real competition is likely going to be Pitt and Miami as he's pretty high on their lists as well. Oregon has several targets I'd imagine they'd wait on before they'd really want him to commit, but you never know. Good to be in the running either way.

13. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,781
    Based on his physique alone, I imagine this kid could easily play the three in college. He just needs to put on a little extra weight. He's got great size already.

14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,690
    I don't remember us being in this many final selections before. Hopefully this recruiting effort will pay off.

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,340

Really good passer for his size. He might get his pocket picked in college by dropping the ball that low during the slower wind up of his set shot. That's teachable improvement. Great range. Glad we made the final 5.

16. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $2,493
    Correct, which is at least where Paras is projected to play as well. Factor that in with Creighton normally playing 3 guard lineups and that their two commitments (Ballock and Alexander) are 4 star guys as well and there's going to be a lot of competition on the wing in Omaha even before you factor Christian David into the mix. I would love to see that kind of size on the wing again for Butler, assuming he can at least defend at a high enough level.

17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,657
    This is good to know. Factor in that Pitt could be less attractive than normal because it just brought in a new head coach, and it may be between Miami, Oregon and us. We have a major advantage in terms of proximity to home over those two, but that doesn't always matter. It's a tough list to beat, but I don't hate where things are at here.

18. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,871
    Is he actually from VT? His town is still 880 miles to Butler (around 14 hours). Yeah, Miami is 1500, but you're still not driving either in one day. So does Butler being closer really matter?

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,657
    He's from the Toronto area, not too bad distance wise. 8 hour drive. It's not next door, but it's either a fairly simple day drive or a short flight.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  20. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Active Member

Money:
    $401
    He's from Milton, Ontario, Canada, about an hour SW of Toronto. It's about an 8 1/2 hour drive or an hour flight from that area to Indianapolis, so it's definitely a lot closer than Miami or Oregon.