Christian David - 2017 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in '2017 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,033
    He's about exactly 9 months removed from the year. The average pro football player takes 54 weeks to return. AP was considered a freak for coming back in ~9 months. Jamal Charles still isn't back and it's been 14 months.

So, if he's really near returning, he's actually moving along pretty quickly.

(Sorry for football examples; can't think of basketball recoveries off the top of my head)

2. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,509
    There was this, from November 30th. At the time I wondered if they just didn't realize he was still rehabing, but perhaps they knew he would likely be ready to debut? Not sure.

3. THicksBH

THicksBH Super Moderator

Money:
    $13,230
    CD made his return this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac, UDDawg and Colin Taylor like this.
  4. shoeevv

shoeevv Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $85
    And. . .

5. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $581
    a Quote from NPH:

"Christian David on board for Vermont. 2nd game back from injury... 3 ball still smooth as butter. Vermont leads Crothers 27-15 "

Go Dawgs!

6. shoeevv

shoeevv Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $85
    Any news on David? I'm sorry to be so focused on him, but everyone I know who's seen him thinks he has League potential.

7. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $861
    #93 in new Rivals ranking.

DawgPoundMac and Nildogg like this.
  8. LA-OC-IE

LA-OC-IE Member

Money:
    $43
  9. peeps112

peeps112 Member

Money:
    $62
    So doesn't sound like he's producing much. I gather he's probably just working his way back to full health. Is that right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $11,703
    I don't have too much info. Remember he is 10 months removed from that ACL tear. Many players wouldn't even be cleared to play yet. So I wouldn't be concerned about the lack of production. Look at how much players like Kethan Savage and Myles Davis struggled after being out for a while, and neither of them had anything as serious as a torn ACL.

11. I Am Butler

Money:
    $3,509
    What are you basing this from? I've yet to find a good source of in game stats for Vermont Academy.

Its also worth mentioning that VA is loaded and with David easing into action it's not at all surprising that he wouldnt fill up the box score. Besides David (Rivals 93), they have Jordan Nwora (Rivals 87) and Simi ****tu (Rivals 9 '18). To go along with a 3Star VCU Commit and a Vermont Commit and a couple others with division 1 offers.

Just some perspective.

DawgPoundMac and UDDawg like this.
  12. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,725
    #82 in latest ESPN rankings.

13. Colin Taylor

Colin Taylor Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $233
    15 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds and 3 steals in his last game

Sent from my LG-H910 using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $155
    I saw the updated ESPN rankings and noticed something that I thought was interesting: 2 out of the 3 top ranked non-black players in the country are coming to Butler. I did not go to Butler nor have experienced any of the social/academic life so I don't have any insight on the campus really. I wonder why or if Butler is not resonating to top black athletes and how to overcome this issue if that is the case?

15. Colin Taylor

Colin Taylor Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $233
    Probably just a coincidence, not sure it has anything to do with race at all. But that's what I think

Sent from my LG-H910 using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. peeps112

peeps112 Member

Money:
    $62
    Good to see him getting more minures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. I Am Butler

Money:
    $3,509
    This thread needs updated to recognoze that David has signed . . .

18. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $11,703
  19. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $581
    I totally agree with this. I think if you look at the Butler roster as a whole, it reflects a lot of the makeup of the country and that the differences in each players background helps to build a cultural collective on the team. What I've been most impressed with is the geographical diversity that Butler now enjoys= Indiana/midwest, east coast, south and international are regular contributors to the roster. I think this says a lot about the coaches and the locker room.

Go Dawgs!

20. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $707
    This is not intended to be a George Karl-type statement, but statistics show that his comment statistically was accurate.

I've often observed that Butler rarely recruits players from single-parent homes. Even if the player's biological parents are divorced or unmarried, the player has very solid step-parent role models and in some instances two excellent step-parent role models (i.e. Baldwin).

I doubt it's a conscious decision by the various coaching staffs in the past 20 years, but I think that statistically it will be easier to find players that check the Butler boxes if they come from a two-parent home.