Christian David - 2017 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Sep 22, 2015.

1. BUStudent

BUStudent Active Member

Money:
    $143
    A lot of people like to rail on Woods but I think he's pretty good. Let's not forget about the alternatives like Pointer. Woods just doesn't want to leak information that might turn out to be false or not "set in stone" yet. This was clutch on his part

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

huss587 likes this.
  2. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
    So big. Way to go Vall and Em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $201
    I have only heard GREAT things about him coming from his court partner at Vermont Academy who is going to Louisville and J. Nwora's dad who is a college coach.

4. JCA 2013

JCA 2013 Active Member

Money:
    $181
    If you want to peek into the future a bit, watch this video. By the way you'll probably want to skip to around 1:00 in. Nik Stauskas was mentored by LaVall Jordan, and he has many similar traits to CD. Smooth shooter with a quick release, good frame, great vision and passing ability, explosive athleticism, but not amazing quickness. They're even both Canadians!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,781

David looks goooooood. I think he'll get major minutes this year.

DawgPoundMac, #60 and kac12568 like this.
  6. kac12568

kac12568 Active Member

Money:
    $3,551
    Loved seeing how physical the first practice looked. Protecting the rim and finishing at the rim. (we need some work on staying vertical, but I am excited seeing them getting their hands dirty down low)

#60 likes this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,690
    Like how he uses his body to shield defender. Could be our four.

8. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,819
    He's smart, has a 7'1 wingspan, and can shoot. Him and Martin would at least be a nightmare matchup for the opposing defenses at the 4, talk about spread you at. With people like KB, JGB, AT, PJ to drive the ball, we should have a lot of success at penetrating and kicking the ball.

9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,690
    Agree. I'm still concerned about how Fowler and Brunk fit in. From the short video Fowler didn't do much other than fall down and appeared to be soft on defense.

estar20dawg likes this.
  10. estar20dawg

Money:
    $1,819
    Yea out of that whole video, Fowler's lack of physicality was the one thing that just stood out. Lot's of positives, but that's bad if the one thing that just plain sticks out was Fowler hasn't grown at all in the toughness category. Mean's he's going to be continually at risk on the defensive end. Honestly, I got to feel that it's Brunk's job to lose and Wideman as the backup and use Fowler in quick little offensive spurts.

Yogi likes this.
  11. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
    LOL Wideman is starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tark43, Bulldawg, BHayden and 6 others like this.
  12. estar20dawg

Money:
    $1,819
    Maybe on Day 1, but by Big East Conference time Brunk should be the starter, if he is the way people are talking about him.

13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,690
    To me the jury is still out on Brunk. He is far more aggressive than Fowler( not saying much) but not sure he is ready for prime time. Hopefully Wideman can get 8 points and 8 rebounds a game.

14. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $229
    I wouldn't look too much into a 2 min practice video in June.

15. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $390
    Just wondering where you heard he has a 7'1 wingspan, because everything I've read says he has a 6'10 wingspan. If he legit has a 7'1 wingspan... oh damn.

16. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $2,493
    If you think his expanding wingspan is impressive, wait until he really starts digging in his bag of tricks.

[​IMG]

Pretty sure his wingspan is 6'10, but while there were a lot of highlights of him during the video (he also hit a 3 during their half court drill), there was a lot of practice we didn't get to see.

17. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,781
    This is true, but his body language spoke a lot. He looked pretty cool and collected. I think the other freshmen looked a little anxious and rattled.

18. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $489
    Beat me up if you must, but I saw CD in two games his Junior season and he was a top 20 player. I think he will kill it in college.

19. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,994
    Other than they were going at it and David looked great, not much to take away! (Well that and JGB is huge and moved very well also!)

20. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Active Member

Money:
    $401
    You aren't Danville, so I have at least some faith in your prediction :)