Christmas Plans

Discussion in 'Non Sports' started by willisbrown, Dec 20, 2020.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,100
    Difficult, weird, tough, terrible agonizing, heart breaking and dumb. That's how I'd describe 2020 and I'm curious to know everyone's plans for Christmas are to close out this horrid rodeo. Let's finish strong.

We're trying to stick to basics as best we can. My brother and his wife are flying in Tuesday from Chicago to stay for a week. We're going to do everything at Mom's and although church is off for Xmas eve night, we are going to celebrate at a local Steakhouse here called McKendrick's. Atlanta Perimeter area. I'm weird and always get scallops there. But it's fun.

Xmas day we're going to do gifts and breakfast (sausage biscuits and coffee cake) then doing an Italian day at the house for dinner with my family plus one. Bro is cooking Lasagna, I'm gonna do an alfredo dish, and we'll have salad and breadsticks. Plus tons of football and college hoops.

What are the plans and what are y'all planning to cook? Merry Christmas to all as we kick off the best week of the year. May Santa be good to you.

BUcheer likes this.
  2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,604
    Staying home with the kids. We'll see my mother-in-law who is already part of our "bubble." She watches the boys in the afternoons while I work. Christmas Eve service for church is via Zoom and we'll connect with my parents and other family members via WhatsApp and other video chat services.

willisbrown likes this.
  3. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,339
    Spending two weeks with my significant other here in balmy South Florida and watching a few BU games. I am not as disappointed as some on the board - Kenpom has us at #65 this morning, ranked above Georgetown, St. John's and Depaul and just a couple steps under Providence. My take is - if that is actually where we are now, then in six weeks I think we'll be rising faster than most teams on the matrix - there are some very good signs on the horizon IMHO.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    ButlerNut and bumba like this.
  4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,083
    Staying home with the girls. I will be cooking a bunch, nothing extravagant, but should be enjoyable. Only thing that really stinks is the girls not seeing their cousins in person, as this year was a big year in both my wife's and I's families for little ones. Will be several video chats to watch each other open gifts, I will watch several Christmas movies almost entirely for nostalgic reasons, and of course, watching several masses throughout the weekend.

znelson15 likes this.
  5. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,904
    Will be putting together a lot of toys for the two year old as well as new furniture for the new house. We will Be hoping it snows as it’s been 50 up here in Montana (not your usual Christmas).

Ham Christmas Eve, pizza Christmas Day, lots of Aaron Neville Christmas album, and a traditional Christmas Day hike.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday week!!!! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
    Mother In Law coming to spend a few days (already in bubble). Playing some fun games, drinking too much wine and beer, and watching as many basketball and football games on TV as time allows

znelson15 and willisbrown like this.
  7. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,961
    Image1608565329.595666.jpg

We’ve escaped to the panhandle with my daughter and kids and brought Christmas with us. Not warm enough to beach it but the view is fabulous!

Image1608565466.317926.jpg

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,100
    Hey stax...eat plenty of fried shrimp for me while there. A couple places in the Destin/Ft walton Area have the best I've ever had. Y'all enjoy and make it a good one. I was supposed to be in the Dominican the 23-30 but it was canceled. I'll make the best out of it but glad y'all are doing something fun like that. Enjoy mi amigo.

Staxawax likes this.
  9. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,517
    I'll take 340 cases of Yuengling please! As I don't live in Indiana, I can't get it here. Thanks in advance! :rolleyes::cool:;):p:D

10. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,961
    Is 340 enough?

ButlerNut likes this.
  11. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,517
    Staxawax likes this.
  12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,527
    In keeping with the spirit of giving, I plan to donate 2 coloring books to the Trump Library and one has yet to be colored in.

13. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $207
    I hope the books are very basic and require little or no thought.

14. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,908
    That’s a Pennsylvania beer, isn’t it?

ButlerNut likes this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,100
    First time I had it was at the airport in Pittsburgh. Had no idea it was a thing but the chica I was with was from your school and we were traveling north...she introduced it and I liked it a ton. I like Yuengling Light on tap the best. Also their pilsner is nutso good.

ButlerNut and BU Fan in Illinois like this.
  16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,992
    I’m drinking a Yuengling “Flight” light beer right now, it’s pretty good especially for a light beer!

willisbrown likes this.
  17. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,339
    I come here to hear about basketball - but maybe I'm just dull witted...

18. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,527
    No worries, if your feeling left out, Santa has a coloring book you too!

2xDawg likes this.
  19. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,517
    Oldest brewery in America

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $661
    Merry Christmas to all of you and yours! I feel that it is a Christmas miracle that we finally have some Bulldog basketball to take in and discuss, even if it has been a mix of ups and downs so far.

As to holiday plans, we are definitely limiting ourselves. We will still see our immediate families, but we have decided to forgo extended family Christmas this year. Christmas eve we are hosting my folks and siblings. I have a 10 lb Prime Rib that is getting slathered in garlic and herb compound butter, smoked to a nice medium rare and reverse seared to finish. Pairing it with shrimp cocktail, venison sausage charcuterie, smoked chantilly potatoes, and roasted brussel sprouts with bacon. Christmas day we will open gifts here with our two girls and then head over to my inlaws to celebrate with my wife's family.

Hope you all have a happy, safe holiday.

iluvsnow, UDDawg and willisbrown like this.