Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by butlerfan, Mar 25, 2014.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
  2. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,063
    Steve Masielo to USF is a fantastic hire on USF's part. If Morgan can get a USF offer, he should jump all over it.

3. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,571
  4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,128
    Something fishy comes up on a background check of a guy who's worked for Pitino? Weird :)

5. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $193
    Had to be something pretty bad when you have the connections Masiello has. Is he still coaching Manhatten then? What an awkward situation.

6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,128
    The SI story says that USF could next target Florida assistant John Pelphrey. I know it seems like Florida and Jackson Davis never really got any steam, but Pelphrey was the coach who first looked at him and talked to him. So that could only help us in that regard.

7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,779
    Pelfrey was a mediocre coach at Arkansas and was fired. He was hired by Florida because of his friendship with Florida HC.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,779
    Gosh I wonder if Auburn thought to do a background check on Bruce Pearl?

9. bobbu64

bobbu64 Member

Money:
    $73
    A background check on Brucie?? I don't think so. His impeccable resume speaks for itself--well ,maybe the little incident at Tennessee deserves just a passing peek. Word has it he is on leave of absence from the TV network in case the Auburn gig doesn't play out.

10. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Member

Money:
    $3,084
    Guess Masiello never graduated.....awkward.

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,680
    He lied on his resume. He never graduated from Kentucky and his resume said he did. USF did the check and didn't want to hire a guy to be the head coach who didn't have a college degree, and then put on his application/resume that he did.

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,779
    Even though Pearl's background is that he is unethical and cheats he said he cheats therefore it is OK whereas Masiello lied but hasn't yet admitted he lies. Once he fixes his resume admit he didn't graduate then he will be Auburn's backup. :)

13. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    It's always kind of funny to me which schools value a college degree for their coaches over which ones don't. For example, Eddie Jordan said that he graduated from Rutgers, and it wasn't until after Rutgers hired him that it was discovered he actually hadn't graduated from there (whoops), which then of course they stated that while his position didn't require a college degree, he would go ahead and get his degree while coaching the team.

I would have to think if Masiello was really the guy for the Bulls they might've offered him the same chance, so who knows what happened behind closed doors. I personally don't care if the guy has a degree, he's a basketball coach, but I know for one of the highest paid employees of a University to not have one degree when the faculty usually have 2 or 3 is kind of a kick in the nuts.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $1,680
    Word down here is that Jason Gardner is a front runner for IUPUI position. Don't know if it's for real or not but the guy I heard from is the Memphis Recruiting beat writer for the CA and has a radio show here. He knows his shiz.

He said it's Gardner or Cheney.

15. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Would be a nice get for the Jags.

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $1,680
    Definitely. And I wonder how big of a transfer/recruiting impact it would have around these parts (well, around the indy parts)?

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,376
    If Calbert hung around for another year he might be able to get the IU job.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN ·3h
    Hearing that former IU star Calbert Chaney, now a Saint Louis asst, and Memphis assistant Jason Gardner are frontrunners for IUPUI.

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    South Florida has offered job to Dave Rice of UNLV. Vegas job could open..........

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Wow. Fang Mitchell and Coppin State after 27 years have parted ways....

20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,779
    Is South Florida a better job than UNLV?