Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by butlerfan, Mar 25, 2014.

1. johnhardingftw

johnhardingftw Member

Money:
    $5,941
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,343
    If Chris Mack leaves will Bluiett ask for a release and go back to UCLA?

3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,478
    I'm not saying this based on any inside information or anything of the sort, this is just speculation, but IF Mack left, I think Bluiett would stay at X. I just can't imagine him decommitting twice in what, 6 months? To me, it's more of a reputation thing than anything else. Also, others on here have conjectured that if Travis Steele was kept on the staff, especially if he was promoted to Head Coach (I have no idea what position he would be in to gain that promotion if Mack left) I think Bluiett would for sure stay.

4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Jeff Rabjohns ‏@JeffRabjohns 2h
    Assistant & lead recruiter Jon Coffman officially introduced as new IPFW basketball coach after Tony Jasick left for Jacksonville

5. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    I would die if Bluiett went to Cal.

6. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $96
    I wouldn't give a fat rat's ass if he went to the University of Southern Alaska at Sitka.

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    BTW Mack staying at X per Jeff Goodman this morning....

8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    I wonder who TN will go after. That cupboard isn't bare, but it surely isn't stacked either. I can't imagine it being too attractive of a landing spot.

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Tenn had just got back into contact with Camron Justice also.

Martin leaving doesn't surprise me. I was reading the Vols board some last winter and those fans were horrid towards him.

Tenn probably goes after Gregg Marshall IMO.

10. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,904
    I would not leave if I was Gregg Marshall.....he can do much better.

11. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $177
    Between this and Vandy getting Cressler both could help make butler one of the favorites with Justice for now.

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,343
    We need to get a good commit soon.

13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,343
    Agree. Ditto for Archie Miller.

14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,904
    I think we're the clear favorite for Davis now, but I still don't see him committing until May.

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    The TN player's reactions are all positive towards Martin. TN fans hate Martin and don't think, even with a sweet 16 run, he's worth a crap as a coach. He gets blistered by people around here and I don't think there was going to be anything he could do to change that. He wasn't ever going to be happy there with the lack of support. He was going to jump at the first high major opportunity he could get. He wanted Marquette and jumped all over Cal as soon as they showed interest.

I'm hearing Chris Mack's name with this job a lot today on the radio. They'll probably sniff around Marshall to see if he has any interest, but he could coach his way into something much better if he's patient.

TN just lost a commit to Cal with this announcement. Whoever does take it will have a huge challenge.

16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,343
    I could see Mack taking it.

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,116
    6'11/230/C previously committed to Cal reopening his recruitment

Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits ·30 mins
    2014 Cathedral (CA)/Cal commit C Idrissa Diallo is reopening his recruitment. (HT @coachmiddlebrks) @IIdrissa http://verbalcommits.com/players/idrissa-diallo

18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,478
    I agree with you. I see no way Archie Miller would leave for Tennessee. He signed his extension in February, before they went on the Tourney run. That tells me he's fully committed to the program. He's building something special at Dayton.

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 3h
    Talked w #247Sports Tennessee expert @wesrucker247. He feels Colorado coach Tad Boyle is high on the realistic candidate list for UT.

20. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247 6h
    #Vols nearly got Chris Mack before hiring Cuonzo. They’ll surely call him again.