Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by butlerfan, Mar 25, 2014.

1. jarik

jarik Active Member

Money:
    $105
    The puzzling thing about Cuonzo was just how erratic his team's effort was. When motivated, they could look fabulous. They defeated UK by 30 a year ago, UVA by 35 last December and then played the best basketball of his time at UT over the last month of this season. However, they also just went through the motions against teams like Vandy, Texas A&M, UTEP, etc.

The fans often had reason to be frustrated, but the Pearl petition was a bad idea from the start.

I won't be surprised if Howland gets the job.

2. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,189
    Frank Haith left Mizzou for Tulsa?

Mizzou targets include: Mike White, Archie Miller, Tim Miles, Craig Neal, Kim Anderson?

1 person likes this.
  3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,343
    I wouldn't be surprised if Haith felt the heat at Missouri. I remember how some posters were upset that Butler didn't go hard after Louisville transfer Zack Price when he went to Missouri. Price was ranked 65 coming out of high school which was justification enough for Butler to go after him. Well he is available again.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,478
    Yeah, he's also available because he got kicked out of school/off the team for getting arrested twice in one day. There has to be some sort of NCAA punishments or something coming to the Mizzou program. Why else would he make such a downward move?

5. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $212
    He was getting ready to get fired. Common knowledge around here (outside of this area I am sure no one followed Mizzou BBall). You are probably right on the NCAA punishment. He wasn't ever really cleared of wrong doing at Miami; the NCAA bungled that investigation. The irony is not missed on Missouri fans how he is following former Jayhawk Danny Manning to Tulsa. Commented to a Mizzou guy at work that KU has no problems letting Missouri eat their scraps. He didn't take kindly to it, but that program has been spiraling for awhile now.

6. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $212
    However, there is a slight Jackson Davis connection to Missouri's Frank Haith. Jakeenan Grant is a 4 star power forward Mizzou commit for '14 and the other school that was in the running was Alabama. Be interesting to see if he decommits........

7. HoosierPal

HoosierPal Member

Money:
    $51
    Saw where Punter punted already.

8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
  9. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,943
  10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,343
    It's possible probably more for Izzo. He has been discouraged by the unethical things going on in recruiting and the NCAA's apparent look the other way attitude. He just may be ready to move on. In some respects he is like Stevens in that he doesn't like begging kids to come to his school and having to make counter offers unlike Crean or Calipari. Don't know about Donavan.

11. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Cofer just decommitted from Tenn. The whole class is GONE now. Think those Vols fans regret their actions yet?

There's dumb and then there are Vols fans. They have 5 scholies available for 2014 now. Can you say train wreck?

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    -------------

Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni resigns late last night.......

13. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $426
    Reggie Witherspoon (Buffalo) signs on as assistant at Alabama

14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,904
    I originally read that as Reese Witherspoon, and was really confused.

15. DawgsfoLife

DawgsfoLife Member

Money:
    $6
  16. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    John Calipari @UKCoachCalipari · 4h
    Before it starts, I'm totally committed to helping this group of young men reach their dreams. I wouldn't & couldn't leave this group!

This is what every coach should do if he doesn't have interest in a job. Calms things down before they have a chance to get out of hand.

17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,885
    Yeah, but that's what everyone says, right before they leave.

Personally, I would love nothing more than to see Cal leave in mid July. I think that would be hilarious.

18. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $96
    Craig Robinson of Oregon State is now on the unemployment line

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 22h
    Cuonzo Martin has brought Tracy Webster and Jon Harris with him to Cal -- and added Vandy assistant Yanni Hufnagel -- who is strong in west.

---------

Hufnagel is the Vandy asst that beat us on LaChance and Justice.

20. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 1h
    Former UCLA coach Ben Howland has withdrawn his name from consideration for the Oregon State job, a source with direct knowledge told ESPN.