Coaching Hot Seats

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Bulldawg, Feb 17, 2015.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,116
    As Irish said, it'll be Will Wade at the top of their list. After that, they'll sniff around the smaller schools around here. This is a brilliant move by Stallings. He was not liked there much and he snagged one last pay day (because he'll fail at Pitt then be done) before he was ushered out of Vandy. Smart by him, and better for Vandy.

2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,652
    Rick Stansbury takes the Western Kentucky job.

Interesting. Retreads don't usually work out for mid-majors, but every now and then it does.

3. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Obviously worked out for Matta, but I can't imagine that would be a good strategy for teams that want to win to pursue. (One good year could have been due to any number of factors and thus is unlikely to be a strong predictor of long term coaching success.)

4. NCJon

Money:
    $9,652
    UNLV hires Chris Beard from Arkansas-Little Rock. Interesting. He's won everywhere he's coached but hasn't stayed anywhere for very long.

UALR is a decent Sun Belt job.

5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,899
    Unfortunately, much like their football program, they can't hold on to anyone as a coach. Good recruiting base though, or at least it always seems to be.

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    UNLV was a lot smarter than Pitt.

7. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $644
    Bluiett declared for the draft with no agent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,899
    I wouldn't worry too much, he isn't going anywhere.

9. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $644
    Sorry wrong thread

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $227
    There have been 42 head coach openings during the course of the year and there will be a hell of a lot more when the tourney ends and vacancies are filled.

11. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $227
    A 43rd coaching change just took place as Kyle Smith is leaving Columbia for San Francisco.

12. NCJon

Money:
    $9,652
    Will Wade re-upped at VCU with a raise, so Vandy and others will be looking elsewhere.

Lot of talk around here that Jeff Capel will end up at either Vanderbilt or Georgia Tech. Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being true.

Also Herb Sendek is back, out in Santa Clara. I always liked Herb, and am glad he's back in the game.

13. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Some rumors coming out of the Bluegrass State(FWIW) that Crean is talking with the Vandy search group led by Fogler.....Rumors are getting wild.

If that IU job opened....I could see Bryce Drew being a major candidate there as he is a hot item right now. Especially if they show well tonight and win the NIT.

I find it hard to believe that Crean would transition from IU to Vandy, but the IU fan base has been all over him for numerous years, even during this better season he had this year. That job is such a fish bowl.

14. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,512
    To me, the appeal of the Vanderbilt job is based on 1 perennial power in your conference (KY), especially after Donovan left FL. The SEC is trash, and yet because of football public perception has yet to catch up to the reality of how bad that conference is. If you establish any decent stability, you could be the 2nd best team every year and almost guarantee tournament appearances, which is very important to coaches in today's climate.

15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,983
    There is approximately 0.0% chance Tom Cream is leaving Indiana for Vanderbilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. jimmychitwood

jimmychitwood Member

Money:
    $5
    I'm not a Crean or IU fan, but Vandy is clearly a tier (or two) below IU.

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,306

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS · 1h1 hour ago
    Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech have initiated contact with Valpo’s Bryce Drew, a source told @CBSSports. He’s a top-shelf candidate for both.

18. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,783
    Any news on this?

19. bulldogs51

bulldogs51 Active Member

Money:
    $170
    Several insiders on sideline hoops are stating it is a done deal at GT. Nothing official yet. Sorry for the mis-post.

Sent from my NX785QC8G using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  20. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,153