Connor Essegian - 2022 Wing (Wisconsin)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Dawgdad, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,152
    He’s an 18-year-old enjoying some time in the limelight. Doesn’t necessarily define him.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,983
    Certainly doesn’t mean he’s not a good kid or anything....it’s just if attention/adulation is a primary motivating factor/important to you, there are better places for that than Butler, so he’ll probably gravitate to those places.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,873
    Not to interlope on this debate, but asking "who's tuning in" did seem a bit over the top. I never intended to infer he would not be a good fit at BU. In fact quite to the contrary.

4. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,628
    Just got my interview-based article with Essegian posted. As always, free-to-read and linked below. We ended up doing the call a bit late last night so I didn't transcribe until today. Should have more interview pieces out this week with a few guys (Turnbull soon plus scheduling with Kelley, Fernandez).

NCJon, ChiDawg3, DawgPoundMac and 6 others like this.
  5. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,176
    Looks to be a really, really good shooter, both spot up and putting the ball on the floor to create space to get his shot. Nice handles too. Would be a nice "get" since we don't tend to run that many sets or picks for perimeter shooters (ask McDermott). More game flow opportunities, which would work for him as well. BU needs some reliable outside shooting. In any case, if we don't get him, would hate to see him go to Creighton.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,278
  7. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,938
    Wonder what the NIL does for a program like Loyola. Have to imagine the chance of being the guy in Chicago may swing some players their way they likely wouldn't have gotten previously. Especially if you can transfer later on without sitting out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,983
    No offense to Loyola, but I really doubt anyone in Chicago is going to care/recognize any of their players in 99% of their seasons.

Chicago barely cares about northwestern. The bigger the city, the less collective interest there is in its college teams (and college sports generally).

9. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,701
    I can’t verify your last sentence with data, but anecdotally with NYC, this is 100% true. No one in NYC gives a crap about St. John’s, Fordham, Seton Hall, or Rutgers. Or any of the smaller college teams in the city. They care about their pro sports teams.

10. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,303
    Wisconsin just picked up a CB for Connor, with a 5/10 confidence level so there's that. Got to think the Simas addition hurts him the most?

11. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,628
    I think he's liked Wisconsin for a while. We'll see if that is how the recruitment continues, but this doesn't surprise me - don't think Simas has anything to do with this CB (which I'm a little surprised isn't more confident).

estar20dawg likes this.
  12. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,303
    I agree with all that, thought Wisconsin has been the favorite

13. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,384
  14. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    Unlike the usual on this one I’m not sure we prioritized him. Did he have an offer yes. Was he a priority target not really especially after we landed a 6’6” kid who can shoot it and have the offense run through him (something Connor can’t do). Think he will be a nice piece to the puzzle for Wisky but not overly worked up on likely not getting Connor.

seadawg likes this.
  15. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,176
    I really liked the video on this kid. Maybe it is overly skewed. Most are. Actually think his game might be more suited to Creighton or Butler, both of whom who play a little less disciplined offense, than Wisconsin. Great shooter who has a quick first step to separate and launch. Really nice handles too. He may also get caught up for extended time in a numbers game at deeper Wisconsin. Who knows? TBD. Wouldn't be the first time an 18 year old would make a less than optimal decision. How many fricking transfers per year? I would have prioritized him because of his pure shooting and skilled passing. Somewhat inconsistent at times on the current roster.

16. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    Isn’t today the day he commits to Wisky or do we pull of a Harry Houdini. Hope it’s Wisky. Recruiting has changed. Think if we get a Top 150 at 4 or 5 we take or hold 3 for Spring

17. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,150
    6:30 I think. Agree, though.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,873
    Wisconsin

19. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,278
    [​IMG]

Archives fillin’ up!

20. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,176
    Got a feeling we may come to regret this one. If we made his last 7, maybe he gave us a "passing thought" at some point. Who knows. Probably was a Wisconsin lock from the beginning, and then "closed" after attending the PSU / UW football game. Madison is an impressive college town. College game has changed a lot over the years, but if you are a pretty damn good shooter and have nice handles you can make an impact. That is, as long as the coach puts you in a position to maximize those skills. Some D-1 coaches inexplicably do seem to waste talent on their rosters at times. Have to check back on him in about 2 to 3 years. TBD.