Connor Fulton - 2017 Shooting Guard (Ohio State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 8, 2017.

1. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    At least one will leave after this season. Too many young guys. I'm not worried though.

2. JCA 2013

JCA 2013 Active Member

Money:
    $181
    This is a fantastic pick up. He may never player at Butler, but it's another lottery ticket. In his highlights, he has a decent stroke and seems willing to shoot with his feet set or off the bounce. He seems to have a decent frame with long arms, and his athleticism seems decent, though it's impossible to make much comparison in a state like Utah. With Woodson graduating, there will be the chance for anyone who can make threes, play a little defense, and not need the ball in their hands much. You have candidates in Neese, McDermott, perhaps David, and now Fulton. Add to all that the fact that he won't count against the scholarship limit, and this is an absolute steal.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  3. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $343
    Great pick up. Welcome Connor!

4. 4636Cornelius

4636Cornelius Member

Money:
    $79
    Have to imagine he and Cooper will have some epic shooting sessions. Both of them can really stroke it.

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,650
    Holt said the other day, I believe in an article by Tom Davis, that he and his staff made a decision to go young. Not sure the reasoning but with 8 players classified as freshmen, three sophomores, two juniors and two seniors it appears that is true. Eleven out of fifteen are underclassmen. The competition for playing time will be intense for these young players. Not sure why they picked up 2 preferred walk ons. I like their potential and maybe they both will explode. Still.

6. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    It's pretty easy to understand. They lost two walkons, so they're being replaced.

NCJon and UDDawg like this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    Obviously they replaced 2 walk ons with 2 walk ons who had to walk on because of scholarship limit. We are going from 14 players to 15 and replacing 6 seniors with 7 freshmen. The staff is going to be really busy getting a lot of young people up to speed in all facets of the college game while overseeing their adjustments to college life. Holt and crew will earn their keep this year with 11 underclassmen. Martin, Wideman and Baldwin will have to lead. This is going to be one interesting year.

8. JCA 2013

JCA 2013 Active Member

Money:
    $181
    This is the year to do it with the trip. The good thing is if they build the core up well, we are set for the next 3ish years.

MilkSteak likes this.
  9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    Kelan needs to step it up in leading by example department. I have full confidence in Wideman. Hopefully KB can be more vocal.

10. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,240
    Unfortunately, the only caveat w taking Fulton is Gordon Hayward isn't allowed to come home and sign w the Pacers this summer:oops:

11. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,302
    Neese
    Butler
    David
    Young
    Thompson
    Donovan
    Fulton

Who's the 8th? Is it Brunk?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    Yes

13. Robinzine Crying

Robinzine Crying Member

Money:
    $157
    Do walk-ons get to travel with the team in the summer?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

14. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    Sure he is. If he is willing to take less money than Utah can offer.

15. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $461
    Seems like a dream for a walk-on. I imagine his academic scholarship is quite large lmao.

"Fulton is a known shooter who can also apply good defensive pressure. Fulton has the length, strength and touch to contribute on the next level. Fulton is smart on the floor and can be counted on as a play maker who can create and score or just make the right simple play."

Given the bolded words in the above description. Thank you CH and Gordy!

Fingers crossed, maybe Gordy told him he was going to the Pacers and that he should move to Butler if he wanted to watch him.

16. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Yeah, if I were advising Hayward, I'd tell him to stay far away from the Pacers. He's much better off staying in Utah and taking the money or coming to Boston. Would love to see him, Mack and Stevens back together again but Boston doesn't need a guard like Shelvin unfortunately.

17. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
    Academic scholarships to invited or preferred walk-ons count against the scholarship limits set by the NCAA. If they didn't, they'd be rife with abuse.

If a kid comes to campus on an academic scholarship without having been recruited by a sports team and then earns a spot as a walk-on in open tryouts, it doesn't count.

18. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    Has anyone been able to find out what his shooting percentage on 3 pointers and overall was this past season?

19. JCA 2013

JCA 2013 Active Member

Money:
    $181
    I went through his highlights, which surely are comprehensive from his whole career, and counted makes and misses. He shoots 100% on both catch and shoot, and off the dribble. We gotta a good one ladies and gents!

BU_NeonHat and UDDawg like this.
  20. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,237
    LaVall posted pictures with the freshmen on move in day. The other walk on was there (Campbell Donovan) but Connor wasn't. Do we know if he followed Holt and the rest of the crew, or made another decision?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    SpartanDawgs likes this.