Connor Turnbull - 2022 Center (Verbal)

Discussion in '2022 Recruiting Profiles' started by Lukas Harkins, Jun 14, 2021.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,868
    Look man, I don't make the rules. I just have to play by them.

Cranjis McBasketball and DawgsMD like this.
  2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,279
    Nothing long-term to be concerned about here. He's returning tonight.

3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,438
    Hope this doesn't disappoint those who yearn for disappointment...

jeff and NCJon like this.
  4. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $19,530
  5. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,612
    So Turnbull had 33 and the rest of the team only got 23?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

dawgs2014 and estar20dawg like this.
  6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,313
    From what I have read his team is not very good even though the above says talented.

ButlerNut likes this.
  7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,673
    I am glad he is being forced to carry the load offensively to, hopefully, help him develop this aspect of his game but I'm not convinced he is doing so against meaningful players with any where near high major or even D1 bodies, athleticism or skills. A few of the videos kind of made it look like he may be the only guy over 6' 5" on the court.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,909
    I know the highlights were for the other team, but woof on some of those defensive plays by Turnbull. He's definitely a project that needs to put on some lbs before he's ready for BE primetime.

So yeah, we will still need a big and a primo shooter or two in the portal. Not confident that next year is going to be any better than this one and might even be worse...

9. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,501
    Can the OP change the title from verbal to signed? He has signed his letter of intent, correct?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,572
    Which ones? I didn’t really take issue with anything. The only things I think you may be referencing are times when basically the offensive player, who was not his man, got his body between Turnbull and the basket. Of course he couldn’t go through someone to block the shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

11. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,909
    These are the two plays I was talking about.

The first one, he takes the wrong path to cut off the driver from the basket, jumps behind the shooter, whiffs on the block and lands out of the play.

connor1.jpg

The second one, instead of shuffling toward the basket for the block, he inexplicably backs away from the basket. He doesn't drift to an open shooter, he just backs off.

connor2.jpg

Again, these are out of context of the game, so not much to draw upon (at least not any more than can derived by "he makes every shot" positive videos), but these two plays tell me that he's going to need some weight and coaching to be a serviceable big in the BE on the defensive end. And, are we comfortable with this staff that they'll be able to coach him up? The jury is still out for me.

12. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,572
    Yeah I just can’t see enough here to respond either way on those plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,313
    Turnbull 32 points on 12-16 , 14 R, 2 steals, 2 blocks in last Friday night game . What is eye catching is he is shooting 38% from three. No doubt he will need to develop a lot more to play at BE level .

MSUDawg likes this.