Cooper Neese - 2017 Shooting Guard (Indiana State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 14, 2015.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,353
    No malice toward ISU or CN but he is rapidly becoming the most revered quitter in BU basketball history.

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,447
    I don't see it that way.

3. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $253
    It’s not bad that he recognized his level and transferred accordingly. That’s a far better resolution than the alternative

4. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,865

Yes recognizing "levels"could be important. Buy a mirror.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  5. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $426
    Though this thread has gone slightly off topic - There was an article in the last few days in a Louisville newspaper discussing the maturity of one of their freshman with a year of Prep School (though he had a 3.7 gpa in high school). The player discussed was a teammate of CD last year.

6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I think he did start questioning it after Holt left, but not *because* Holt left. My interpretation of what I know sounds like a freshman doing freshman things, then getting overwhelmed by the consequences of those freshman things.

As a normal student, you are afforded time to make those mistakes, as an athlete, it’s much more difficult. I am sure it could have been worked out, but it wasn’t. I wouldn’t read too much into anything here though I do think Neese would have helped us quite a bit in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BHayden, knobcreekfan and seadawg like this.
  7. seadawg

Money:
    $3,353
    For what it's worth, I was told he was struggling on the academic side of things.

8. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,079
    Neese played twenty six minutes yesterday, scored three points, three turnover. Can someone explain how he is eligible this semester at ISU? He was enrolled in summer
    school, traveled to Europe, bailed on Butler in October, now playing at ISU.

9. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,865
    That isn't correct, he isn't listed in the box score:

http://ballstatesports.com/documents/2017/11/25//Game6_Box.pdf

10. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $216

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $532
    Neese is listed in the box score on Kenpom but not in the box scores on the Ball State and Indiana State sites. This obviously is an error by STATS, LLC, which provides the stats for Kenpom. (Kenpom shows the game MVP as Daniel Huenermann, who, it says, scored 18 points. According to both the Ball State and Indiana State sites, Huenermann never played in the game.)

12. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $101
    Could care less about Neese. He wasted much time here. Good Luck, Good Bye, Dilly Dilly.

seadawg and MSUDawg like this.
  13. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $338
    Love the Dilly Dilly at the end, but I wish Neese nothing but the best ....seems like a good kid, just not a good fit for him. We forget that these are kids taking classes and getting an education.....he may have found that he didn't fit academically, who knows. All he did was try to find the right fit for him. Unlike Young who left for Holtman and the staff.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $101
    Nicely put.

15. seadawg

Money:
    $3,353
    For those who give a rat's a$$, rumor has it CN will major in table games and pursue a minor in underwater basket weaving at ISU.

16. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    So this raises an issue that I’ve always wondered how Kenpom has navigated and it sounds like he doesn’t.
    If you scour college basketball play by play data, you’ll find there are TONS of mistakes. Players will be put into games with no one coming out, players will be taken out with no one to replace them, there will be a player who incorrectly gets listed as a sub so they get subbed out before time runs off the clock.....
    What I think the likely explanation here is that Neese was accidentally selected to go into the game by the play by play data KP uses, and then either not subbed out, or subbed out in a manner that didn’t fit within KP’s data aggregation methodologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $703
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard anything about how Neese is doing at ISU this pre-season?

Daddysmack and Danville Bulldog like this.
  18. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $338
    Last I heard he was in the same situation as Jordan Tucker. Not available until the second semester. They applied for a waiver but heard it was denied. I wish him the best and this is unfortunate. I look forward to following him on hopefully a great career

BHayden likes this.
  19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,225

Daddysmack likes this.
  20. Ster8462

Ster8462 Member

Money:
    $153
    Cooper starts off his ISU career with a 1-7 night shooting in a 20 point loss to TCU