Cooper Neese - 2017 Shooting Guard (Indiana State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 14, 2015.

1. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $862
    He played 26 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $973
    10 pt (2-3 from 3), 6 rebounds in 20 minutes against Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

bumba likes this.
  3. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $660
    Just think with Cooper Neese no Jordan Tucker, without Cooper Neese Tucker Jordan. Which would you rather have Butler fans?

bumba likes this.
  4. Red1972

Money:
    $660
    Sorry for the typo, I meant Jordan Tucker, its early.

5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,120
    Wish Cooper all the success in the world, but he's not getting 20 minutes a game in our current lineup. He's exactly where he belongs & good for him. Blow it up kid.

NCJon and knobcreekfan like this.
  6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,561
    20 mins? Probably not. But he’d play here. He can hit pro level shots.

7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,963
    Reality is we’ll probably never know what neese’s contributions at butler would’ve looked like because his role at ISU is going to completely different than t would’ve been at butler. I don’t think he’d have played much before his junior season, and even his last two years I’d imagine he’d have primarily been running off of screens and basically never dribbling or shooting inside the three point line. And he could’ve been really really valuable in that role if he was hitting 3s at a 40% clip as i imagine he can. At ISU he’s going to be forced into something he’s not so the numbers may end up being misleading.

8. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $862
    Indiana St. has wins over Colorado & UNLV to advance to the champion game of the Diamond Head Classic Christmas night in a rematch with TCU.(similar to Butler/Florida).

9. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,989
    He would not see the floor this year, and probably only minimal minutes next year. Next year we will have the same log jam, only Battle will take PJ's minutes.

I was a big believer in Neese, but I never imagined Thompson and PJ would become what they are and Battle was not in the picture yet.

lee@bu1984 likes this.
  10. dawgs2014

Money:
    $1,561
    Right-we have too much shooting. Ok, boss.

11. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,989
    Again, putting words in my mouth . . . Where the hell did I say we have "too much shooting"? Isnt your mantra that only half the game is played on offense? Neese is the greatest definition of one trick ponies and we have a Butler team filled with excellent two way options.

In this hypothetical world that Neese shoots his way past his defensive shortcomings, who is he taking minutes from?

Boss . . .

12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,035
  13. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Active Member

Money:
    $180
    Bottom line is that he was not a good fit for the program. The coaching staff realized that. He realized that.

We are in a great position and have a high ceiling the next few years. I hope he has lots of success at ISU. No sense debating coulda woulda shoulda.

14. jeff

jeff Active Member

Money:
    $241
    I can't think of anyone who transferred out that went on to have a career that caused me to regret their leaving Butler and I can't think of anyone that transferred in that didn't turn out to be a positive.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,186
    Jamie Smalligan?

16. jeff

jeff Active Member

Money:
    $241
    Yeah, he crossed my mind but he never even started for W. Virginia and looking at his sr year stats he was 16 for 29 from 2 for the year and believe it or not took 60 3 pointers and made 11.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Member

Money:
    $64
  18. dawgs2014

Money:
    $1,561
  19. Red1972

Money:
    $660
    He was no loss, he would not have helped this years squad at all. He probably would have transferred at the end of this season anyway.

20. ButlerProf

ButlerProf New Member

Money:
    $46
    Butler student-athletes have early registration for classes; one week I think. TRUE what you say about student teaching. Fact: Stevens scheduled early morning practices in Ronald Nored’s senior year because of student teaching.