Cord Stansberry - 2022 Guard (Pepperdine)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Lukas Harkins, May 26, 2021.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,761
    Cord Stansberry has received an offer from Butler. Yet another sign of the Dawgs prioritizing shooting in the 2022 class - Stansberry can really shoot it from deep. Heard good things about him as a potential breakout guy out west. I believe Butler is his first high-major offer but plenty of others (Pac-12 types mainly) have been involved. I’ll try to connect with Cord this week for an interview piece. I like the staff getting an offer out early here.

(Sorry for posting a few hours after the offer was official. I was asleep lol)

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Brett, DawgPoundMac, bumba and 5 others like this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,937
    An athletic California recruit who's rated at 133 by 247. It may prove difficult to draw him to the mid-west but this is a good offer.

2xDawg likes this.
  3. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,764

bumba likes this.
  4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,882
    I was told our recruiting budget wasn’t sufficient to build relationships/make offers to kids beyond IN/IL/KY/OH/MI;)

But seriously, it will be interesting to see how “Covid style” recruiting impacts recruiting moving forward. With FaceTime and Zoom now standard, I can see how it might level the playing field. Not downplaying watching HS games or attending AAU, but virtual visits might make distance less of a factor in recruiting.

5. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,317
    I’d like to think so, but I’d guess it’ll go back to normal when one school gets a recruit that they flew out to see in person that others were contacting on zoom. Recruiting is a psychotic world.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,862
    Want. But then again, I’m a sucker for great shooters. Butler has lacked that outside of McD for a bit.

7. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,761
    Cord has a playoff game tonight, but I am planning on chatting with him either Thursday or Friday and getting an interview-based article up for the weekend.

Tentozen and 2xDawg like this.
  8. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,475
    Also, while we can debate LJ's Xs and Os all day long, I'm pretty sure that he's a great "living room" guy. I'd be willing to bet that LJ closes more than not with in-person recruiting.

znelson15, PSUButlerFan and dawgs2014 like this.
  9. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,761
    Will be chatting with Cord this afternoon and likely have an interview-based piece up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Update: Definitely understand Butler's interest here. Also, Coach Rags had already been recruiting him for over a year at Utah State.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  10. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,357
    He reminds me of Tyler hero some

I would love this. Also a quicker and more athletic cooper neese

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

PSUButlerFan and Brett like this.
  11. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,546
    Even if he couldn't shoot the ball, I would add him to the team for his hair..... LMAO

Brett likes this.
  12. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,761
    Transcribing this one took some time. It was a great interview and I think you guys are really going to like him as a target.

Brett likes this.
  13. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,761
    Interview-based article with Cord Stansberry has been posted. I enjoyed chatting with him and he seems to really like Butler and the staff. Dawgs want a guard in this class and he would be a rock-solid fit, in my opinion. Some of my connections out west like him a lot as a hidden gem of a guard. Here is the article (one of my longer interviews, actually): https://www.patreon.com/posts/52531932

Sophomore season highlights (he has not posted junior-year highlights yet, though that season only just finished last month):

cornette33, Brett and estar20dawg like this.
  14. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $561
    Thanks for the great article/interview, Lukas! Easy to see why you were excited about him. Seems like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. He really sounds like a Butler guy. Seems a little star-struck at the Butler offer, albeit probably partly due to it being his first high-major offer, but he had great things to say. Reading half-way through I was almost wondering if we were going to be on commitment watch the next several weeks if he was visiting, but was disappointed that it doesn't seem like he's making it out here before the July periods.

Gritty, attacking, defensive minded pg's are fine (AT; seems like Comer is more in this mold), but I'm a sucker for PG's with size and can shoot it. With already having a small guard in Tate at PG, who, if he redshirts this year, would have 4 yrs of eligibility left when the class of 22 are freshman, I would definitely prefer someone like Cord who can also slide over to the 2 over a smaller lead guard like Comer.

15. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,694
    I feel like this is an opportunity for Ragland to make an immediate impact. This is definitely his guy, let's see if he can close it. I think it'd be a great fit.

znelson15 likes this.
  16. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,385
    Yea definitely think he has plus/plus upside, 6'4 athletic, smart, and can really just flat out shoot, yet makes good decisions with the ball. Don't really know what people are waiting on with him. He's going to continue to get stronger just on him getting older and learning how to properly workout and recover his body. Nothing I've seen or heard makes me think his level is going to plateau. How is a 6'4 athletic, sniper not in the top 150-200, feel like these are the kids that in 2 years show up at a mid major in March time and just decimate a team. The Belmont's, Murray St etc do so well picking these kids out, who are big time players, finished his junior year with I believe 22 6 and 5, sign me up for all around player

Brett likes this.
  17. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,950
    Like the offer. Already talking about coach Rags. So great to have someone like him on staff.. Could be a killer duo with LJ.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Brett likes this.
  18. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,385
    Sounds like Rags has been lead on Turnbull as well. Would love to keep this staff together, I feel Coach O it's a matter of when he wants to move up and Rags seems pretty driven as well, be thankful while it lasts

butlerdude05 likes this.
  19. Brett

Brett Active Member

Money:
    $194
    This kid can flat out play. He has great anticipation, has plenty bounce with his ability to dunk and block, great
    passing and shoots well at all three levels. I am surprised that he does not have more high major offers. He seems to
    have a great character and would be a perfect fit with Butler. Hope he makes his decision along those lines rather than
    all the glitter of West coast big boys.

20. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,761
    Santa Clara offer on his official visit.