Creighton Bluejays (10-2, 6-1) at Butler Bulldogs (3-7, 2-5), Saturday, 1/16, 2:00 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 13, 2021.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,569
    Should I even create this thread?

thevinrod, NCJon and UDDawg like this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,518
    Yes. I need to know the line so I can make money betting on Creighton.

ButlerNut likes this.
  3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $769
    If it stays within 20, I'll count it as a "win". Even if Creighton rests Zegarowski (which I actually think they will to be safe), they are really, really good at a multitude of positions, and Butler is pretty bad at defending all of them. Butler would need a Seton Hall performance from deep and even that might not get them there.

The good news is that even Creighton will take their foot off the gas once they get up by quite a bit.

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,684
    No.

5. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,348
    I’m with others. Keeping it within 20 will be a moral victory. I hate saying that, but a bar needs to be set.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. ButlerNut

Money:
    $7,569
    I think it stays within 20. Especially if Creighton rests Zegarowski

7. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,477
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    ButlerNut likes this.
  8. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $769
    Shhh - maybe if they keep switching times, perhaps Creighton won't find out, haha.

9. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,543
    Arguably the best Creighton team in the last decade vs. arguably the worst Butler team in the last decade. This won't be unlike 2013-2014. (Butler kept it close at Hinkle but got completely steamrolled in Omaha.) IMO this year's Creighton team is even better than the Doug McDermott senior season one. With Zegarowski, I think they're deeper and defend pretty well too.

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,684
    Uhhhhh...yeah. This team is worse than 2013-2014 as well so it's going to be a couple big time curb stompings. It may be the first game in a looooong time that I won't take in. Gotta be something better to do on saturday at 2 than watch your beloved alma mater get a nuke up its ass.

11. ButlerNut

Money:
    $7,569
    Well, there's NFL Football and some other NCAAB games for you to bet on!

12. ButlerNut

Money:
    $7,569
  13. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,684
    Unfortunately the football doesn't start til 430ish. But yes, there will be plenty of hoops action to play. I have a high pain tolerance, but the state of this program is about to cross it. Better times are ahead...hopefully. As long as the injury devil goes and picks on someone else.

ButlerNut likes this.
  14. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,927
    I’m guessing we have no idea on the status of Harris or Golden for Saturday?

15. ButlerNut

Money:
    $7,569
    Game Time Decision??? HAHA

BURph92 likes this.
  16. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,478
    Like others have said, they likely lose by a lot. I don't really care if they win (they won't) but they have to fight.

My worry isn't that they suck the rest of the season. It's that they get defeated mentally and give up. As much as this season sucks, this is how the freshmen become juniors and seniors who don't get rattled on the road when the Cintas Center is wild on Senior Night and X is making a run. But they can't phone it in. The staff and leaders on the team have to have them engaged.

bmradio99 and WDLTH like this.
  17. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,676
    Bingo. Growth.

Growth likely doesnt equate to wins this year, but growth.

2xDawg and bmradio99 like this.
  18. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,414
    Question?
    What do you all think is the reason crieghton now is a top three big East program and top 20 to 15 program every year now and Butler is all over the place?

I truly just want to know what you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,684
    That's the hope surely. But this will test the mental metal of these kids. Losing breeds losing much like winning breeds winning. So much of it these next two months will be mental and how the staff can keep this group together and focused on the positives. Because it's never easy getting your brains beaten in night in and night out.

I believe all these young guns do have a strong character. And this is when that comes in. You know you are undermanned...but you still show up to fight, looking forward vs looking back. This will be LaVall's biggest challenge. My fear is that a bunch of players that are used to nothing but winning...get flustered. At that age...it can lead to many things and we've seen it. The core (healthy) is there to march on. It won't be this year. But that's when the leader comes into play. To keep pushing them all to believe there will be better days ahead. Baptism by fire. It sucks...but sometimes it just is.

I think we're going to learn a lot about this staff in the coming weeks. Good or bad.

20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,348
    Someone mentioned senior day. If all of the seniors come back next year, is there even a senior day to be had? Do they get two senior days?