D'Andre Davis - 2020 Guard (Nebraska)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, May 2, 2018.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $17,476
    D'Andre Davis
    2020 Guard - 6'4" 170 lbs
    Lawrence Central High School - Indianapolis, IN
    Indiana Elite

[​IMG]

2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    Just watched the Indiana Elite 2020 team destroy Grand Rapids. Not enough of a game for me to even form many opinions. Majak is a 7 footer who was certainly impressive. Pretty raw still but will go high major on height and athleticism alone. I’ve mentioned several long, athletic posts so far and he is easily the best.

Tre Coleman, Anthony Leal, and D’andre Davis all interest me. I’m eager to see them go up again some of the other good guards I’ve seen so far this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    D’andre Davis has some major upside. He’s longer and more athletic Davis had some very strong drives to the rim and finished with relative ease. I don’t think he has much of a jump shot right now though. If he develops one then watch out.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    Indiana Elite vs EG10 to open the morning (2020). Anthony Leal started off strong with back to back pull up mid range jumpers. I said yesterday that if D’andre Davis started hitting 3s he would be one to watch. He’s done that early here, and it looked smooth. His defense on the ball has been fantastic as well.

I also said yesterday that Majak is the best of the several long, skinny, and athletic bigs that are here. I’m being challenged on that as Kiyron Powell is outplaying him to start.

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    Davis just made another outstanding defensive play, cutting off dribble penetration twice by Grubbs and then elevating to block his fade away jumper. He then nullified it though by picking up a taunting technical afterwards.

Nijel Pack just knocked in his 3rd triple of the game. 3-4 maybe? He’s sparked a run by Indiana Elite to give them the lead. Now just hit his 4th.

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    Davis got another individual defensive stop and then knocked down a mid range jump shot in transition on the other end. As a 6’4” athletic wing I’m highly interested there. He a actually looks taller than 6’4”. He’s probably a true 6’4” while I’m used to seeing inflated heights. Grubbs is listed at 6’7”. They are standing next to each other and he’s taller, but not 3” taller.

7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    Im in between courts watching Meanstreets he Indy Heat and G3 vs Indiana Elite. Semifinals. D’Andre Davis just knocked down a set 3, then a few possessions later hit a step back 3 that was really nice. I still like Leal (who just scored 5 quick points himself), but Im starting to think Davis is the more talented recruit there. Leal is probably the more typical Butler guy of the two though. He’s the more fundamental player.

8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    Back to the actual basketball in the 16U championship. Meanstreets vs Indiana Elite. DJ Steward and D’Andre Davis marched up. Anthony Leal against Tyler Beard. Destin Whitaker against Tre Coleman.

Whitaker with a couple of 3s early. His shot is so smooth. Beard went at Leal once and got a bucket, and Leal answered attacking him right back to get 4 points of his own. Davis is winning the battle against Steward early and, as usual, isn’t shy about letting him know it.

9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    Davis curled off a screen and hit and long 2, then hit another set 3. I didn’t think he was a shooter coming in because his Adidas stats show only 0-1 from 3. He’s lighting the nets up today like he’s been doing it for years. I’m extremely impressed.

10. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    And now D’Andre Davis just squares up, looks the defender in the face, and drills it over him Kelan Martin style.

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    I was told Coach Meyer has been in to watch open gym at Lawrence Central. That would be for either D'Andre Davis and/or Nijel Pack.

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    Just created a new thread for Davis and copied over the posts from the Run N Slam thread. I don't see a lot of info out there on Davis but his upside is off the charts. He showed great athleticism, shooting, and defense. Of all the 2020 guys I saw I think you could make a legitimate argument that he will be the best of any of them. He showed NBA level upside. There aren't a lot of offers for him yet (Southern Illinois is the only one I see), but he will be a high major recruit.

13. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    BHayden likes this.
  14. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $17,476
    Off the board to Nebraska