Danko's April 23rd Announcement

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BigHoss, Apr 7, 2022.

1. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,189
    Once Danko got done cry-assing around about the (valid) criticism he has received, he alluded to an announcement regarding Butler fundraising efforts, and the future of BU Athletics / Hinkle Fieldhouse.

What are your best guesses for what is revealed pertaining to the Basketball Program?

Dedicated Practice Facility? Expanded Budget? Troughs Return to Men's Restroom? Draft Beer?

jkcdawgs likes this.
  2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,029
    Troughs for sure. We need that sense of community back.

3. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,189
    100%. Should be top priority. No coincidence the program started to slip once they were removed.

4. boalsdawg

boalsdawg Member

Good topic "BigHoss". I would assume, you know what they say about assuming though, AT LEAST 3 of your 4 suggestions. James M. Danko's performance yesterday was shameful, and totally unbecoming as a figurehead of Butler University, and, unfortunately, as the current "president". It was not cool! Little Jimmy is a small man, literally and figuratively.

5. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $951
    Draft Beer and Dollar Beer Night promos. These will obviously require the return of troughs to avoid increasing lines to the restrooms at timouts and halftime.

Tentozen and BigHoss like this.
  6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,935
    We can't forget, the all important color choice for urinal mints...

bumba likes this.
  7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,101
    Probably a dumb question, but I’ll ask anyway.

Butler spent about 4.5 million less on basketball than the average Big East school in 2021. I’d estimate about 1.5 of this 4.5 million gap is due solely to HC salary (Lavall made around 1.7) and another 300k or so to AC comp (a total AC budget of say 600 versus an average of 900-1M). So that’s 2M to coach comp.

Where does the other 2.5 go? I know some schools have arena rent, and we don’t, but that can’t be that much, right? What else?

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

8. m4795

m4795 Member

Money:
    $153
    The James Danko Center for the Study of James Danko.

NCJon, BulldogsFTW, UDDawg and 3 others like this.
  9. m4795

m4795 Member

Money:
    $153
    Probably additional staff. Villanova has a Director of Program Administration, but when you read the profile it would appear Wright has his own personal administrative assistant. I can imagine that they have multiples support staff members for assistant coaches and trainers and conditioning coaches. They have a compliance person for just basketball. A Senior Director of Athletics Development for Men's Basketball. An Assistant AD for Communications for just basketball. There's more but you get the idea, they have a lot more basketball dedicated staff than we do behind the scenes.

Tentozen and Hinkle like this.
  10. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,145
    I'd actually like to know what leasing a place like MSG costs St. John's. How many BE schools don't have to lease their primary arena?

Hinkle likes this.
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,348
    I was thinking statue of Gordon Hayward's sister but I would definitely stand side by side with my fellow dawgs for the trough campaign.

Staxawax and UDDawg like this.
  12. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,005
    That’s actually funny.

znelson15, NCJon and m4795 like this.
  13. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,271
    Troughs are a "can't miss".

14. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,197
    The 40 plus million in Hinkle renovations can't be included in our budgeted figure, either. Amortize that over 10 years and you've got an added 4.5m. Something needs to be done to address the perception if there are factors that mitigate the true differences in budget.

We appear to have done this with our coaching staff. We won't be at a disadvantage on paper here, anymore.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. Robinzine Crying

Robinzine Crying Well-Known Member

Money:
    $709
    In addition to the troughs, I'd like to see some pre-corroded toilet stall dividers. Nothing said "Tony Hinkle sat here" quite like those did.

16. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,145
    Do all of the stalls have doors now? if so, those need to come off too.

17. m4795

m4795 Member

Money:
    $153
    Since it came up I've been trying to track down what each team pays... and it hasn't been easy.

This article suggests Marquette paid about $10k a game net for the Bradley Center.

troggy likes this.
  18. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,218
    Naw they need to go back to throwing a handful of Fruit Loops or Apple Jacks in the troughs like they did during the Sexton era.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    troggy likes this.
  19. Blue Baller 00

Blue Baller 00 Active Member

Money:
    $285
    “UConn pays a per-game rent of $40,500 for men’s and women’s basketballand $20,500 for men’s hockey, plus $20,000-$30,000 in facilities fees for each event. The CRDA also collects a $3 surcharge per basketball ticket (up to 12,450 tickets) and a $2 surcharge per ticket for hockey tickets (up to 4,600).”

https://www.ctinsider.com/uconn/article/UConn-s-lease-with-the-XL-Center-is-set-to-16931142.php

Public school info is easier to get and the XL Center is likely a bargain vs. a more heavily used NBA arena.

m4795, NCJon and troggy like this.
  20. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,703
    I tried tracking that down a while back, too. Apparently rent at the Fiserv Forum was significantly higher to the point that Marquette got pretty deep into plans for building an on-campus arena to get out of its need for Fiserv, but ultimately decided against it.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/mone...its-own-downtown-basketball-arena/2280320002/

I didn't come up with actual rent figures for any of the league teams though.

m4795 and troggy like this.