Danko's April 23rd Announcement

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BigHoss, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    There is one thing I’m almost one hundred percent certain to be true and that is virtually all of the monies made available to cover the difference in hiring Thad Matta and his staff came from donors. The second thing I’m 100% certain to be true is no one on this forum made a donation to the program to cover the cost nor were asked their opinion on the future of the program.

2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,101
    “Man continues to grind axe due to hurt feelings over being told some of his arguments are nonsensical.”

3. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $707
    Not an accurate statement.

2xDawg, MIBulldog, jkcdawgs and 2 others like this.
  4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,316
    Image1650915119.969922.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    How much did you contribute and have you ever contributed to Butler and if so how much?

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,101
    “You have to pay $[arbitrary number] or you’re not a REAL fan!!”

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Didn’t ask you how much you contributed nor asked for your opinion on anything nor care.

8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,101
    Quite a bit so that I can have good seats! But this doesn’t make someone who’s donated little or nothing less worthy of making valid points or criticisms.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  9. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,189
    This is huge if true. Any idea on timeline and when they’ll announce more details?

bmradio99 likes this.
  10. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,882
    Think the campaign will kick off this Fall.

11. Westside Dawg

Westside Dawg New Member

Money:
    $30
    Is this true or are you being facetious? (Sorry, I don’t trust my sarcasm detector re comments on this board)

12. BUcheer

Money:
    $8,882
    Was told Fall—now could that become late summer or even closer to the end of the year? Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,935
    Cheer lives up to his name, as opposed to some others.

14. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Well-Known Member

Money:
    $616
    Green space in front of Hinkle would be a welcome addition. With the parking garage, AV front lot, and of course street parking throughout the area, we really do not need that huge parking lot that's empty for 350 days a year.

bmradio99, mass_dawgs and jal8908 like this.
  15. BUcheer

Money:
    $8,882
    The existing parking garage is a disaster for events. Woefully designed. The neighborhood already is annoyed by all the cars on game day so they will no doubt have something to say about that.

UDDawg likes this.
  16. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,316
    And that’s totally valid since there was just no way for them to know about the 10,000 person stadium in the neighborhood when they moved in.

Butler really needs to clamp down on parties too so that the neighbors don’t get disturbed by the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

ButlerHomer likes this.
  17. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,845
    There’s an entire city in Wisconsin that exists for 8 or 9 Sundays per year! :)

18. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,183
    Holcomb Gardens is in bad need of some TLC, and has been for a long time. It appears just "okay" now (if you didn't know better, and "Gardens" is definitely misleading), but I am old enough to remember at this time of year the "Gardens" were gloriously in bloom with colors. At one time it looked sort of like a poor man's Augusta National. The fragrance of those flowers at night (while under a blanket or two) brings back a lot of fond memories. All for green space and vegetation. How about some trees or shrubs in that bare-ass area behind the end zone in the football/soccer stadium? The new buildings and growth are great. About time (if it comes to fruition) and long overdue for spending some money to spruce up the place.

19. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,367
    I remember a friend told me about a quote at an internal ops meeting at Butler like a decade ago that sticks with me still: "Butler doesn't have a parking problem, Butler has a walking problem." Now, this was before the utilization of the parking at the athletic fields complex off 52nd, which was sorely needed and in much better use now. Butler's acquired land, they just need to continue to use it better, and surface parking is a terrible use of space. Walkable/green space would integrate the athletics complex even more into campus. Keep high-quality space for people, not car storage. Take care of disabled and high-roller parking near the stadiums and run shuttles from other lots (or even off-site). If we're investing in structures, below-grade parking or an additional garage is a great way to keep things convenient (lots of parking spaces).

20. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,005
    Lots of truth here. When AV Opened in 06, bicycles on campus increased substantially. Hinkle used to be “out yonder” and oh so far away HA. With the addition of South Campus and expanded campus footprint there’s a new master schedule set to roll out with 15 minutes between classes; probably AY 23-24 I’m guessing. Parking interior has disappeared permanently due to new structures & temporarily due to construction. More folks park at Hinkle, I’m talking employees. Butler definitely has a walking or otherwise non-motorized campus transportation problem. There have been initiatives for benefits to faculty + who bike or walk or bus to campus. It will be interesting to see the green space plans. We need the soft spaces and beautification!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

bmradio99 likes this.