Daughter of former Butler athletes is local HS softball star

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BGDawgFan, May 16, 2018.

1. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Lawrence North sophomore Taylor Erschen is making a lot of noise in Indiana high school softball. She is the daughter of former Butler football player Marty Erschen and former Butler soccer player Amanda Naylor. I saw her play a couple of weeks ago against my alma mater, but I didn't see her hit. Southport intentionally walked her every time she came to the plate. She pitched a complete game for LN in their 5-4 win.

Butler Softball would do well to take a look at Taylor, but I suspect she is going to get big time offers before long. Southport has a sophomore shortstop who is verbally committed to an ACC team, and Taylor is better from everything I've seen and heard. Here's a story about her from the Indianapolis Star: https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...hen-keys-lawrence-north-turnaround/612159002/

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,267
    BU is getting pretty good one next year in Karli Ricketts of Decatur Central, who is a Miss Softball candidate.

3. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Karli Ricketts was the starting pitcher for Decatur Central in their 5-2 win in the 4A championship game today. She was 1 for 1 at the plate with 3 BB and 2 RBI. And Butler Softball alumna Alyssa Coleman coached her Speedway team to a 5-0 win in the 2A game. Not a bad day at the state finals for Bulldogs past and future.

seadawg likes this.
  4. seadawg

Money:
    $7,267
    Ricketts batted over .450 with 12 HRs. She had an ERA under 1.50. Karli delivered the go ahead double after pitching 4 scoreless innings last night. She is a phenomenal athlete. She is also a very good student.

5. seadawg

Money:
    $7,267
    Butler will add another Decatur Central product in 2021 with addition of Kaylee Gross. She is an outstanding outfielder with range and a great glove. She is also gifted baserunner and LH batter, currently at .447.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Danville Bulldog likes this.