David Caraher - 2017 Forward (Houston Baptist)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 26, 2014.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 Oct 2
    Harvard is hosting 2017 Wesleyan Christian wing David Caraher

2. TheWild5

TheWild5 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Too bad this fell through. His brother is getting some love

3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Rick Lewis ‏@Coach_Rick57 Oct 10 Statesville, NC
    NC Top 80 David Caraher will be in attendance for Late Night with Roy next weekend

4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    High Point offer today.

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Caraher tweeted that he is taking his first official visit to Houston Baptist University.

6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    For you locals that are curious....

Caraher is playing in the UA 17U at Best Choice Fieldhouse this weekend. Plays for Team Charlotte. I've never seen him play, so I am going to check out one of his games...just to see what kind of player he actually is.

7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    He committed to Houston Baptist today.

8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,960
    Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $702
    Very confusing. I guess one of two things happened:

1. Holtmann offered and realized at some point that the kid had no chance playing and reneged the offer. That would be pretty brutal but probably the best thing for the kid.

2. He was offered unofficially or greyshirted (don't know if that is a thing in bball) and the coaching staff had to straighten things out.

Goes to show how bad my eyes for talent is. I thought he looked great in film.

Houston Baptist is barely a div 1 team. If my first theory is correct, then holy s holtmann

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Or he wasn't offered but thought he was.

11. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,109
    It's crazy how quickly this kid fell off the radar. He was ranked by multiple recruiting sites. I think someone even had him top 50 if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,960
    1) I agree. I don't think it was a skills issue; I think it was an athleticism issue. Just severely less athletic than he needed to be. It can make watching film deceiving I think. It's probably the exact same issue that knocked Howard Washington out of our class (and Holt probably had the exact same conversation). Im sure Holt now requires a base level of athleticism because the defense of the 15-16 squad made him sick. There was nothing he could do about it except recruit better.

2) When you say barely D1, that's not an exaggeration. HBU was NAIA from 1990 to 2007. They had their first year better than 300th in Kenpom this past season - at like 270 something.

It's just remarkable.

13. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,283
    It wasn't a skills only issue with him. He did some things that rubbed us the wrong way. Buuuuut, that being said, they probably wouldn't have rubbed us the wrong way as much if he were a better player.

14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,960
    Like what? I mean, I know he was kind of bonkers about Butler on twitter, but was that really a big deal (or even a bad thing)? Was there something else?

15. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $702
    There is no way they care that much about a 16 year old kid being too excited or overly optimistic or whatever on twitter. If that rubbed the staff the wrong way, then they don't remember being a 16 year spaz.

16. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $922
    Nah. He was still seeking outside recruitment post-verbal. Pass.

17. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $227
    Caraher is yesterday's White Castle; gone, good for a discussion for awhile, but of no interest now. Hope he succeeds where ever he goes, lets s-can this thread.

18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    This thread is already "s-canned." It's in the archives.

19. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,707
    The problem is that, much like yesterday's White Castle, it can rear its ugly head at a moment's notice.

20. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $227
    Very Good!