David Joplin - 2021 Forward (offered)

Discussion in '2021 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 14, 2019.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,259
  2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,985
  3. bicknob

bicknob Member

Money:
    $96
    Waukesha County represent!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  4. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,963
    Y’all are from Brookfield?

5. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $17,476
  6. bicknob

bicknob Member

Money:
    $96
    Arrowhead

7. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,963
    Gotcha. I went to undergrad at Marquette and volunteered for a little while at MUHS.

bicknob likes this.
  8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,727
    Our friend Lukas posted on the twittttterrrrrrzzzzz earlier that a 2021 named David Joplin (Wisconsin) is coming in for the game this weekend against Providence. 6'7" Forward.

9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,463
    Only seen 1 and it very well could have been Joplin.

10. CincyBulldogFan

CincyBulldogFan New Member

Money:
    $11
    Hi Guys, First post. I've become a big fan since my son started attending Butler a few years ago. Season tickets and really enjoy the Butler program. My 14 year old and I were at the game on Saturday and there were two recruits there. Pic is below. I'm not sure who they are but thought you guys may enjoy. The one on the right had a great time. Both of them seemed a little perplexed when they showed the Lion King video with Blue's head ;-)... IMG_20200201_142652206.jpg

11. MadDawg2020

MadDawg2020 Member VIP Member

The one on the left with the hoodie is David Joplin

12. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $2,985
    No, it's not. Joplin is in the bottom right.

estar20dawg likes this.
  13. MadDawg2020

MadDawg2020 Member VIP Member

Looked to me to be the guy in the second row, black hoodie with shiny blue bandana. My bad. Who are the two kids in the second row??

14. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,878
    Joplin on the right. Haven’t figured out the recruit on the left yet. Guys in the second row are not recruits.

15. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $2,985
    DawgPoundMac likes this.
  16. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,948
    He reminds me of a poor man's Jarrett Culver, would that be a fair comparison? I haven't seen him play live yet, just on a couple of highlights, he's more of an attacking 2 at 6'7, he obviously in high school plays some 3 and 4 due to his size but skill set wise seem to be more towards the 2

17. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $2,985
    Butler has now officially offered David Joplin.

You can find my interview with him from a couple of months ago below. He's a solid tweener-forward that has been developing more guard skills over the past year. Joplin definitely impressed last summer when Jared and I saw him at Run N Slam - he played for Meanstreets then but is moving to D1 Minnesota if there are any sessions this summer. He plays for my old high school so I've seen him play more than just about any of Butler's other targets (about as many times as Poulakidas). Talented, probably in the Top 175-225, with good size and athleticism. I got the impression that he wants to play in a warmer climate but I could also easily see him staying in the Midwest (Coach O is from the same area so that could help Butler or Wisconsin could get more involved as well). FWIW, I do like where Butler stands here.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/02/22/ncaa-basketball-2021-forward-david-joplin-talks-recruitment/

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    cornette33 and willisbrown like this.
  18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,727
    I cannot like this enough.

19. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,463
    He is crafty and has very smooth quality to his game. I'm on board with the offer.

willisbrown likes this.
  20. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $17,476
    I love his game. The versatile, “undersized” power forward is consistently underrated in today’s college game IMO. Everyone gets overly obsessed with length and athleticism at that spot. I’ll take guys like Joplin any day.