David Joplin - 2021 Forward (offered)

Discussion in '2021 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 14, 2019.

1. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,407
    Looks like 29 points on 13 of 14 from the field this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden and SnoopDawg like this.
  2. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,407
    Recently offered by MN. Also, Nick Harris, covers recruiting for Texas, says he would Crystal Ball him to TX if Shaka offers, fwiw.

BU Fan in Illinois likes this.
  3. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,153
    I also agree that Texas would move very close to the top of the race, if not the top, with an offer (and I do believe they will offer). I think Vandy is the other top contender. Could see Minnesota gaining ground, though.

4. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,153
    Figured the offer would come today with their virtual meeting and it did. Texas officially issued an offer today.

5. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,407
    With his efficiency from 3 approaching 40%, do you think his all around game would make him a good complement to our other pieces. I find myself gravitating toward wanting him of our known offers/interests. Do you think he sees overlap with Hughes?

6. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,153
    I don't think there is much of an overlap between the two at all. I view Hughes mainly as a "4". Joplin has remodeled his game tremendously over the past year - while he is still an excellent rebounder that can do damage underneath, he should 100% be a wing at the collegiate level. Joplin is arguably the best player on Butler's radar right now and his well-rounded development in recent months makes him a sound fit with the rest of the roster.

I have a Patreon article coming out later today breaking down what Butler can do with this last open '21 scholarship, but I think Joplin is the best all-around player, Poulakidas is the best shooter and fit (side note: he hasn't played yet this summer bc Meanstreets hasn't played but he made solid passing/defensive strides in the HS season), and Graham has the highest ceiling of those that have been offered. COVID is making things extremely difficult to monitor not just for writers, but also for the staffs and players involved for many many reasons. It's a very good thing that Butler has already landed three commits and has a defined group of targets remaining if it wants another commit.

7. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,407
    Let us know when you post. I would be happy to sign up and support your efforts and also the Butler content.

2xDawg likes this.
  8. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,153
    I've been avoiding posting any of the paid pieces on the board because I don't want to sound like I'm advertising for myself lol (for those wondering, some of my content will still be free, such as interviews and some pre/postgame stuff), but since you asked...it just got posted lol. There is absolutely no pressure whatsoever for anyone to subscribe and if you have questions, my DMs are open here and on twitter :).

This is the article from today on the open '21-22 schollie (it is a patron-only piece but my post above is a decent short summary haha): https://www.patreon.com/posts/examining-for-22-39031306

9. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,407
    I appreciate the thought, but we do have to make Butler content economically viable if we want it to exist. Good piece, btw.

2xDawg likes this.
  10. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $788
    Great article writing talent BUT, take some critical advice. Stop saying HAHA and LOL every time you post something. It makes you sound like a child not a college educated journalist.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg likes this.
  11. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,153
    Definitely a fair point and I don't disagree. I've actually been working on that for a while, in fact, hence why the majority of my recent posts haven't contained any. I'm aware of my over-usage, though I tend to be a bit more relaxed about it on a forum. I'm always open to advice.

MadDawg2020, BHayden and Tentozen like this.
  12. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $788
    Sorry to be so blunt but I had just finished doing mock interview of a grad student so I was completely in “tell it straight mode.” For real, you’ve got great talent and I don’t want something simple to hold you back.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60, Tentozen and 2xDawg like this.
  13. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,153

Iowa State offer. I'd put them in the same group as Texas and Vandy as three of the leaders. Obviously that could be wrong or change at any moment - just how I'm viewing it from the outside (no inside info). Don't really know where Butler stands tbh, but I feel like it's behind that group.

AZRPh likes this.
  14. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,153
    A crystal pick and a futurecast to Texas were made this afternoon. No major surprise there, but that's the update rn.

15. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,407
    Are you starting to lean toward us keeping a 2021 open with Wilmoth a potential red shirt?

16. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,153
    I think we'll have a better idea of what the staff is thinking soon. (Don't read too much into this. I'm not sure which they are leaning to.) My preference would be to still take another '21 commit, if possible.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  17. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,407
    I guess I'm ok with it if they can get exactly what they are looking for. Definitely need to be very selective.