Dawg Pound Ideas/Activities

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by FRENCH DAWG, Jan 5, 2017.

1. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Active Member

Money:
    $3,220
    "I can't find it" - clap, clap, clap clap clap. Keep the magnifying glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Tark43 likes this.
  2. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Member

Money:
    $72
    I've always been pretty disappointed in the Dawg Pound. How about some students actually showing up for games outside of the "big" ones? I mean for Christ's sake, we've been a top 25 program over the last 15 years. Our crowd should start acting like it...

Loved the "Jay Wright sucks!" Is it classy? No. Does it get in the head of the opponent? More than likely.

The Dawg Pound / crowd is there for only three reasons:
    1) Cheer on Butler
    2) Get in the head of the opponent
    3) Create a great environment for college basketball

Tark43 likes this.
  3. Colin Taylor

Colin Taylor Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $236
    I do not think the Dawg Pound should really do anything regarding the Myles Davis situation, as for the Macura thing...go right ahead, I'm all for that. But as I'm not a student at Butler I don't really have a say in anything they do, I just hope they don't do anything that can become controversial, it's Xavier...it can't be that hard to think of something clever and funny without bringing Myles' ex-girlfriend into it

Sent from my LG-H910 using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tark43 likes this.
  4. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $164
    Everyone wear orange shorts (or speedos?) under their pants and turn around and fake moon him when he shoots a free throw.

5. butlernut

butlernut Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,340
    Could there be a creative shirt that says f(x). Play the double meaning? Smart like "hey, it's just a function like in math class" but we all know it means F*** Xavier.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

6. Colin Taylor

Colin Taylor Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $236
    I hate those types of equations, and I hate Xavier, so that would be a match made in heaven

Sent from my LG-H910 using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23, DawgsMD and butlernut like this.
  7. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Active Member

Money:
    $887
    I think everyone is forgetting what it's like to be a college student. Most are too lazy, or poor to organized a few hundred people to go buy orange speedos or even magnifying glasses. Love the ideas though! Unfortunately the only way it'll happen is if the DawgPound committee supplies it.

8. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,775
    I did rather enjoy the boos that Myles Davis got from the Nova faithful each and every time he touched the ball. He definitely seemed to affect him. I hope Hinkle gives him the same "welcome" on Saturday.

9. BUBandGeek

BUBandGeek Member

Money:
    $2
    I'm all on board with giving Davis a hard time, much like the Nova crowd did, but let's keep it respectable. There shouldn't be any organized chanting that in any way makes light of sexual assault, or uses that as a punchline. Just give the guy a ton of grief. He knows why, we all know why.

10. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,041
    I would like to see photoshopped large fake Ohio ID signs with Macura's picture and Myles Fox Morrisey.

11. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Active Member

Money:
    $350
    Everyone should just bring handcuffs and shake them during lineups and from time to time.

Added bonus: if you're around Xavier players long enough, really good chance you'll get to use them.

12. bu2013

bu2013 Member

Money:
    $85
    I'd hope that at least one person in the front would wear an orange prison jumpsuit.

13. Tark43

Tark43 Active Member

Money:
    $221
    Yeah, maybe one of the Myles brothers will pass it to them by mistake.

14. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Active Member

Money:
    $2,698
    I love this idea so much.

15. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $12,102
    I would certainly stay away from anything directly involving domestic violence, but I think a "Guard your cellphones" chant or something similar is perfectly acceptable.

16. butlernut

butlernut Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,340
    Thanks Jolie. Print them up and make some $$$$$

Sent from my SM-G900V using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,661
    How about a sign of Macura with his shorts pixelated out with the words "X-rated"? Not too rough but makes the point. And if there's not at least one DP'er with a fox costume on I'm going to be deeply disappointed:)

Doc33 likes this.
  18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,632
    This is outstanding.

19. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,661
    DawgPound Challenge: IF you can get some guys (on both north and south ends) mimicking this video, I will totally buy drinks and pizza at Scotty's after the game!

Or make that "ring-ding-ding" sound every time he touches the ball:)

Link:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  20. Tark43

Tark43 Active Member

Money:
    $221
    f(x)

Just had to get one more of those in.

butlernut likes this.