DePaul Blue Demons (3-7, 1-7) at Butler Bulldogs (5-10, 4-8), Saturday, 2/6, 12:00 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Feb 3, 2021.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,905
    Hey Butler wins and covers!

Woohoo!

2. Baseline

Baseline Well-Known Member

Money:
    $743
    Unbelievable that he still has a job.

3. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,395
    Hey at least we aren’t DePaul haha. But good game by Nze and Harris.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  4. Al_

Al_ Member

Money:
    $62
    I sure hope AT doesn’t come back next year. He is an absolute bum. Learn how to shoot a basketball buddy.

5. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,395
    bmradio99 likes this.
  6. Clevedog

Clevedog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $671
    At this time in the season I will just take a win and be hopeful we can do well next game. After watching some BIG 10 games, I think sadly think they could dominate the Big East. I guess we will see in the Tournament.

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,526
    Slow start, but BU covered with ease. LOL It does appear LJ has loosen his grip a bit.

8. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,959
    Had to get the kid down for a nap so just catching up on DVR time. Love seeing Nze have a good game. Some of those lineups in the last 8 mins were a bit strange. Yay for a W!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

DawgPoundMac and 2xDawg like this.
  9. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,126
    I think it's noteworthy that this is another game where they finished out with Golden on the bench. I think going smaller with Nze at the 5 is preferable so long as Golden continues to struggle to finish.

10. jarik

jarik Active Member

Money:
    $208
    Nze wasn't physically outmatched today and he had a fine game. That seems to happen pretty often.

2xDawg likes this.
  11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,083
    Awful game to watch, but still happy with the win. I think we'll see if the loss of Meyer continues to negatively impact the offense. Too many guys who aren't threats offensively to really judge right now. Encouraging games from Nze and Harris.

HoosierDawg likes this.
  12. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $18,695
    Butler is 5-8 in the Big East. It's been a disaterous season, but if we had set an over/under at 4.5 for conference wins at the start of January I'm pretty sure a significant percentage of this board would have taken the under. Things could have completely fallen apart for this team, but they haven't. I know it's not the season we all wanted, but I think a few years from now we are going to look back and appreciate some of these games.

13. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
    check messages

14. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $676
    Never get beat baseline. If u get beat make it the middle. That’s where the majority of ur help will be. Also, easier to rotate on “help the helper” situations. Saying that, try not and get beat at all is a good piece of advice as well.

Tentozen, dawgs2014 and #60 like this.
  15. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,517
    Opposite. Get to the baseline, cut off that drive, and force the offensive player to the middle. NEVER get beat to the baseline. I have screamed about this in every thread this season. Too many times Dawgs are getting beat on the baseline, which opens up dishes to the corner 3 pointer or handoffs in the paint for dunks. Put your foot on the baseline and force the offense to turn in to the middle.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Tentozen, dawgs2014 and #60 like this.
  16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,091
    You're going to share our secret with him? Tread lightly.

ButlerNut likes this.
  17. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,517
    I'm Switzerland!

willisbrown likes this.
  18. EagleIan

EagleIan Member

Money:
    $89
    Dawgs win!

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  19. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,132
    Not sure if it translated to TV, but Bo’s stealthy rebound/putback was electric. Not sure I can think of another BU player who showed that kind of explosion.

Refs heard about the missed goaltend. Ref watcher was center court taking it all in—that film’s gonna be embarrassing.

I get Leitao was looking to break out of the slump, but GET OFF THE COURT.

Quieter Hinkle is weird. Random DePaul fans were yelling when BU was at the line. DePaul bench kept yelling loudly “rebound”. They were clearly chuckling about it. Pipe down and play.

Tentozen likes this.
  20. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,081
    I haven't watched on TV yet, but what was the call on David when he shot for the corner? They would never show a replay at Hinkle. Believe me. I yelled for one several times...

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app