Derrik Smits

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ViaSwiss, Nov 26, 2019.

1. ViaSwiss

ViaSwiss New Member

Money:
    $14
    When is Smits going to be ready to play and is he expected to start?

2. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,693
    Is tucker eligible yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Shimmy, NCJon, bwesson15 and 6 others like this.
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,981
    Who knows, and no he won't start, he probably by the time is ready will be the 4th big

4. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Member

Money:
    $111
    Not until the IU game, I think. (had to be said)

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,418
    Heard he is transferring to IU

jkcdawgs likes this.
  6. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,130
    I’m good with Smits sitting until conference play and then coming off bench. Golden won’t play like he did last night every night but we know he will play hard every night reminding us of butler bigs of the past. I say roll with golden and Nze the whole year and next year we will have a monster two man combo down low

7. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,981
    3 man, JMM is a very quick learner and High IQ, he's only going to get stronger as well. We'll be pretty solid down low next year with the combo of Golden, Nze, JMM, David and Coles, MW should be comfortably RS'd and have a very, very high upside

seadawg likes this.
  8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,298
    I think we've seen that there is no need for Smits basically, other than some spot minutes here and there. We were warned, but, most of us (me) didn't listen. Seems like a waste of a scholarship when we could have gone after other transfers. Lesson learned. The team is fine as is. Frankly, half the time I forget he even exists. Same with Hastings. It's literally two schollies being given to ghosts. Very sorry to see it, but I like the rotation as it stands.

MBA2003 likes this.
  9. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,130
    If Mulloy turns out to be that which for me is eh. I hope you’re right though I could see Coles taking the role of Nze hopefully with a even bigger upside at the 4 position right? I haven’t paid to much attention if Coles will be a college 4 or 5

10. ViaSwiss

ViaSwiss New Member

Money:
    $14
    Why exactly do you say that? He isnt good enough? He isnt better than Bolden?

11. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,981
    No he isn't good enough, and no he isn't better than Golden...

12. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,981
    Coles is like an Nze, a hybrid 4/stretch 5. Depending on matchups and rotations he can play some 5 but the bulk of his minutes will probably come at the 4.

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  13. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,130
    Sigh

14. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $333
    Smits is hurt. He looked pretty active in the first exhibition game, moving well, passing effectively, but not finishing his shots. In a first appearance, I saw an upside. He was definitely slowed by injury in his second appearance. I recall him limping down the court in the second(and last) game played. When he comes back, we'll see. Simple as that. I think there will be opportunities for him to impact on the offensive end and hope that exceeds his defensive liabilities. With this team, as committed to defense as they are, I can't see Coach allowing the defensive bar to be diminished by anyone's play. In other words, nobody will be on the floor that is not able to play team defense to his standard. I hope Smits gets healthy and earns some floor time.

Tentozen likes this.
  15. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,304
    Heard he was possibly dressing last night then obviously not. Would like to just see him dressed as it would appear to be some progress.

16. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,445
    This aligns with your post, BUC, but the Butler twitter account pics of practice recently have featured Smits. Have to imagine he's close.

17. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $730
    Perhaps this is wishful thinking on my part, but I have to believe Smits will contribute down the road. Perhaps not as much as he would like or envisioned when he signed, but he will contribute

18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,450
    Maybe we could exchange him for a high major transfer at semester break? Asking for a friend.

19. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,346
    He could help in Big East play, so why rush him?

20. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $306
    Help with what?