Does Butler need a new starting lineup?

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by theenforcer13, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    AT-KB-JT-DM-JB is the easy lineup right now.

If Fowler continues to stink, bring Golden as the first big off the bench though.

2. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,507
    Thompson
    Baldwin
    Tucker
    Baddley
    Brunk

bumba likes this.
  3. harvesting

harvesting Member VIP Member

Money:
    $152
    Hahahahahahaha YES PLEASE! Then you all can continue with how horrible our coaching staff is for real. While I believe all of these guys have potential this would be a real nice eye opener for many on this board. But than again you can’t fix stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

dawgs2014 likes this.
  4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Just to be clear I only have one account, guys

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

I Am Butler likes this.
  5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,969
    I don't know whose worse Trump or harvest. It's a tough choice. I'm thinking of starting a poll question. I don't think anyone can misconstrue you for the blatantly offensive harvest troll

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,252
    Who was the other troll that we don’t see anymore? He was the one on twitter

7. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,305
    estar20dawg likes this.
  8. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,041
    The return of Title would be icing on the cake after these two losses. :eek:

bmradio99 and estar20dawg like this.
  9. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,252
    That’s him. Surprised he hasn’t shown up to rub it in our faces. I can see him sitting at a home office in his boxers with a **** eating grin on his face snickering to himself “I told them so.”

bwesson15 and estar20dawg like this.
  10. harvesting

harvesting Member VIP Member

Money:
    $152
    A few of you are ALWAYS right and everyone else is wrong. We lost because of a few guys and their inability to play D1 basketball. However when we win these same guys are HUGE factors in those wins. But they are terrible and LJ can’t coach. He probably doesn’t even base his decision on who he plays on what he sees during practice, he probably just pulled those names out of a hat because surly they didn’t earn those positions. And since you all were in the locker room and know what the game plan was and exactly how it was to be executed then by all means your account of all things should be considered at all times. Excuse us “trolls” who are belittling the team as a whole. Oh wait, that’s not me...that’s you!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  11. Dewars12

Dewars12 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $509
    Brunk and Tucker need to start; and, I think the rest of the team knows it. They both are active and move with purpose on the offensive end.

I don't care who the other 3 , but I agree with previous posters that KB may need to start off the bench a few games. His pounding the ball is one thing (not the only thing) killing the offense. I hope it gets corrected, but KB should be getting the ball and moving to the basket on a cut or curl. I like PJ's game, but his role needs to be more tightly defined and/or reeled in by the coaching staff.

bumba likes this.
  12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,932
    Surly, you can’t be serious.

bwesson15, dawgs2014 and estar20dawg like this.
  13. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $413
    Yes, I am serious and don't call me Surly!

Just a little Airplane humor.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  14. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,932
    I'm glad there is at least one other on here that can get my humor...haha

15. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,507
    LaVall moved one step closer to my line up in the Creighton game. It's only a matter of time now until the final piece (Tucker) falls in place and we get the Bubby Super Five. ;)

Oh... as long as I'm patting myself on the back for my splendid armchair coaching I'll mention that I also nailed it when I predicted that Fowler would start making threes again as soon as he left the starting lineup. :cool:

Damn I rock.

Gregory Roach and DawgsMD like this.
  16. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,041
    If you are saying if Tucker earns a starting spot, then I agree and means we are very dangerous, but I don’t think he should be in consideration for that spot yet.

17. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,507
    I actually think you're right. The lineup is one I would like to see starting at some point--maybe in the next couple weeks. I think they could be good. I was also sort of trying to predict what Jordan might do. He's so conservative with his line-up that it blew my mind when he made two changes and almost started "my" line-up.

But I also think part the reason for his line-up change against Creighton, maybe, was punishment to hold the seniors responsible for the leadership problems the team has been having.

18. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,353
    Tucker does not appear to be up to par defensively just yet but his effort has certainly improved thus far. Whether he starts at this point is irrelevant since he has shown he can still be a major factor.

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,225
    Agree, JT will be an asset coming of the bench with PJ if they can both find a shooting rythym. I thought Saturday's lineup was solid & the rotations were good. In between some Creighton offensive spurts (which are going to happen in the BE), I thought it was a fairly complete game.

Let's see how we do at Seton Hall. It will be interesting to watch who guards Powell. Hasn't been done any time soon I don't recall, but I could see and box-and-one to shut him down. No idea if we've practiced anything like that this year.

20. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,156
    In the three games Butler played Seton Hall last year, Powell had 9 points in 21 minutes coming off the bench at Hinkle, 13 points in 31 minutes at Seton Hall, and 9 points in 37 minutes in the BEast Tournament.

Hold him to numbers like that now, and don't have a never-heard-of rain 8 3-pointers down, and the game will be manageable.