Drew Mckenna - 2024 Wing (Georgetown)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by bumba, Jun 9, 2022.

1. bicknob

bicknob Well-Known Member

Money:
    $484
  2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,136
    This would be a MASSIVE get!! I love this kid, super high ceiling!

He wants a program that develops to the next level, have to figure getting him on a call with Barlow right away would be terrific first recruiting step for Alex and showcasing how to become a pro and what he sees as his path towards developing into that type of player...

3. DawgDude

DawgDude Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,619
    4 star top sixty

mass_dawgs likes this.
  4. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,680
    For lots of reasons, this is a big recruiting battle! Not only is he the type of talent we need to land, but it's also the type of off the court win we need to start getting!!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $10,651
  6. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Well-Known Member

Money:
    $599
    I’ve been super high on this kid’s potential since we first started recruiting him. While I know there’s only a 33% shot, I think it would be an outstanding landing by the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

mass_dawgs and 2xDawg like this.
  7. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,834
    From the On3 article:
    McKenna also knows what he’s looking for in a college.

“I’m going to be looking for a school that can help me develop,” McKenna said. “Develop me in all aspects, really, as a better player and a better person. I want to play for a coach that believes in me and what I can do. I’ll be looking at what players like me they’ve coached, players they developed who play similar to how I play.”

I think this is a great opportunity for Alex Barlow to step in and say "I've specialized in player development for the Boston Celtics. I've taken good players and made them good enough to get a two-way contract or make a full NBA roster."

8. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $4,680
    Only looking at his Ohio State years (which would exclude at least David West, maybe someone else), Thad has 10 guys drafted 1st or 2nd round (11 if you include his recruit Bates-Diop). 8 are first rounders (3 were Centers, Flory!!!), including 3 lottery picks (1st, 2nd and 4th overall selections).

cornette33, #60 and Tentozen like this.
  9. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,383
    Evan Turner was quite a good small forward for Thad. Came out of high school as 247 47th ranked recruit and ended up being drafted 2nd overall after 4 years of development under Thad.

That plus Oden and Barlow on the staff, McKenna should be sold.

cornette33 and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  10. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,305
    TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,132
    Feels like Georgetown

12. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,022
    I mean he was Cooley’s very first phone call as soon as he took the job… *eye roll*

13. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,522
  14. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,952
    Ppl on twitter say he is headed to Georgetown

15. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,391
    I have zero confidence that we get McKenna. We’re just not that program yet. I believe that u have to build through recruitment and add transfers as finishing pieces. However, right now Butler has to win. Winning attracts interest, then u get the players. One or two
    Good years with Matta and I believe we can grab some top 100 recruits with ease.

BUcheer likes this.
  16. FriarDawg

FriarDawg Active Member

Money:
    $316
    And Georgetown is that program? They haven’t been relevant since Iverson was there. If we are to believe he was studying the coaching staff and who they developed to next level players Matta wins that hands down. Who in the hell has Cooley developed into a pro besides Dunn and believe being from Chicago that dude was a bum in a Bulls uniform.
    I think this might just surprise all of us today.

Army Dawg!!! likes this.
  17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,132
    They’ve been awful the last several years, but they’ve won the big east several times, been to the tournament a millions times, and even gone to the final four since Iverson was where. This is a program that’s been irrelevant for like five years - not decades.

They also have home court advantage in landing McKenna and a basketball budget bigger than basically everyone’s.

He’s going to Georgetown.

bmradio99 likes this.
  18. HinkleMagic20

HinkleMagic20 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,133
    They were relevant when Roy Hibbert was there. Since then, Idk.

19. FriarDawg

FriarDawg Active Member

Money:
    $316
    Who has Cooley put in the NBA?? That was the original comment …. Just going off of what the kid said he was looking for.

20. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $4,680
    Dollars and cents may lead to a lot of decisions that, otherwise, make no sense. I look forward to the day when we are in the ballpark so the other attributes we have are enough.

BUcheer likes this.