Ed Cooley bandwagon

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by wazthree, Dec 17, 2019.

1. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

How many of you are left on it? Providence is awful again.

LaVall >>>>>>>>>Ed

Hinkle likes this.
  2. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839
    Would you be shocked if they beat us twice in conference play? I wouldn’t. He has our number and has thoroughly out-coached Vall head to head.

3. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    Brad Stevens will never be replaced as Butler's ultimate coach. He will be remembered longer than Tony HInkle who coached the team when I was at Butler. However, LaVall may very well be better than either of them before the full story is told. I love LaVall and he deserves much higher praise than he has received. It is about time he gets it heaped upon him before we are once again in search of a new coach. Just sayin

4. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,571
    I like Ed Cooley. I don't think he's a great coach, but he's entertaining as hell, and his suit game is off the charts.

troggy and shoeevv like this.
  5. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,625
  6. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    LaVall took a devastated team and program and took it to new heights in two years; an awesome accomplishment at a school with the smallest basketball budget in Div 1 as far as I know. The comparison to Cooley requires me to run to CVS for a vomit bag. What are you doing on this board pal???

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,809
    The Friars are proof that player ratings are often wrong. They are pitiful at this point.

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    New heights? Smallest budget in Division I?

What????????

9. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    perhaps some have smaller budgets, said that I know of, please provide your list; yeah new heights - best incoming class of all time; rest my case

10. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    one of the best starts to a season ever if not the best; highest rating this pt in season ever see net and cbs power ranking and kenpom too; all new heights sir; do you follow Butler closely???

11. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,486
    2 national championship appearances is Butler’s all time high.

12. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    still new heights this season; are we saying no coach is entitled to great recognition for new achievements without a national championship??

13. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,486
    Not “new heights”, no. The only step further would be a NC.

14. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $9,625
    Butler was ranked 9th going into the Big East in the 2015-16 season and 13th going into Big East play in 16-17.

Also, I’d venture to guess there are around 200 D1 teams with smaller basketball budgets than Butler.

All of this is not to say LaVall hasn’t done great this season. He really has the team focused and playing great.

15. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    almost as good as fourth and fifth; i doubt your number on 200 teams with smaller budgets; i think we are easily lowest of the power five plus the big east

16. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    you left out best incoming class ever as well; i said i was unsure of the budget claim but generally Val gets very little praise for several key new heights

17. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    so u r saying a big east championship would not be a new height??? RIDICULOUS

18. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $9,625
    Butler is around 87th largest budget according to this article - which uses 2016 numbers. I’m sure our budget has increased since then. (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mi...ics-college-basketball-2016-gonzaga-mid-major).

There are 353 D1 schools.

Again, not to say LaVall isn’t doing a great job this season.

19. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,707
    I can honestly say I would take a national championship over a conference championship every day of the week, including the eighth, ninth, tenth...

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    Stop bringing facts into this.