Elijah Weaver - 2018 Point Guard (Offered)

Discussion in '2018 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 1, 2017.

1. xfan1989

xfan1989 Active Member

Money:
    $122
    He seems really interested in BU- mentioned running the offense and holt letting him go from day one. Lot of positive for butler in that article.

2. jal8908

jal8908 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,906
    Says he wants to get to Virginia and Butler for sure. Also mentions Florida, UCLA, and USC, along with Villanova who he has already visited. Sounds like he has a good relationship with Holt and Schrage and they think he can come in and run the offense right away.

indienapolis likes this.
  3. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,747
    Nice! Thanks for the summary.

4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,242
  5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,736
    He tweeted that he's taking an unofficial visit to Southern Cal in a few weeks.

6. seadawg

seadawg Active Member

Money:
    $545
    Let's be glad the staff is swinging for the fence.

NCJon, BHayden, #60 and 1 other person like this.
  7. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $2,747
    This is from last weekend when Weaver played in Indy. Having kids wearing Butler gear asking for an autograph has to help our cause a little.

8. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $2,747
    Some good quotes in this article.

“ I mean they [Florida] are doing an excellent job staying in contact with Elijah, staying in contact with his Mom, his Dad, with everyone involved in the whole process. Butler is doing an outstanding job as well. Oklahoma State, Villanova, Illinois, they are starting to really jump in. I would say Georgia Tech is doing their thing, getting involved. The other programs on his list are working, but the ones I’ve listed—those are the ones which stand out to me.”

"Right now, it's a lot of the same schools I speak with consistently. Florida, Georgia Tech, Butler, Villanova, USC, Illinois. Right now I'm just focused on being consistent, being a better point guard, getting my handle tighter."

Also, it mentions he has a 6-10 wingspan. 6-10! That's crazy for a PG.

9. fdr

fdr Active Member

Money:
    $332
    At least per the last few articles, Florida is the only school he's consistently mentioned that is "close" to home (his hometown is about ~130 miles from Gainesville). So far it doesn't appear staying in Florida is a priority, especially if he's visiting USC. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Really happy with the coaching staff's efforts so far.

10. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $2,747
  11. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,509
    Love how Weaver mentions giving the autograph to kids this Spring at the end of the article. Shout out to the kids (and dad that took them) for making BU's presence known. See post #67 above.

12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,199
    This kid is just special. He would be a game changer for BU.

13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,509
    In the case of VanZant, he played AAU under former BU player, Dave Bastian. Morgan played for Joe Fenlon at Tampa Prep. Joe's brother Bill was Brad's coach at DePauw. Perhaps Weaver has a connection to one of the above?

Staxawax likes this.
  14. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $2,747
    Nova just landed SG Brandon Slater (#35 in 2018) and are reportedly in the lead for PG Jahvon Quinerly (#21 in 2018). If that were to happen, it could potentially take them out of the running for Elijah Weaver (#32 in 2018).

15. UDDawg

Money:
    $3,736
    I feel like we've already seen Nova get mentioned less and less in his recruitment lately.

16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,199
    247 still has Weaver to Nova.

17. UDDawg

Money:
    $3,736
  18. fdr

fdr Active Member

Money:
    $332
    Just keep him away from Leo's Taco Truck on Venice and La Brea and we should be fine.

indienapolis likes this.
  19. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Member

Money:
    $50
    UCLA isn't recruiting over him, but they already have LaMelo Ball (and his dip**** father) locked up in the 2019 class. I know Weaver is a 2018 PG but unless you believe Weaver could be a one-and-done type, LaMelo is going to get the spotlight and attention the second he steps on campus.

20. UDDawg

Money:
    $3,736