Elijah Weaver - 2018 Point Guard (USC)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 1, 2017.

1. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $480
    Agreed. I think Phin & Weaver are out of consideration now... Lets focus time on some other studs.

2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    I'm not saying I think landing Phin is likely, but I think it's silly to equate our chances there with our chances at guys like Ayo/Weaver (which is now 0). For one, Phin is local; it should be easy for the new staff to get connected somehow and to stay on him. Second, we're talking about a non-top-100 guy versus boarderline 5 stars. Recruiting against Purdue is worlds different than recruiting against the schools that are gunning for guys like Ayo/Weaver. Of course, if IU ends up deciding they really want Phin, that could be a problem, but they'll likely be shooting for bigger fish first.

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,556
  4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,556
  5. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,525
    99.99% sure the ship has sailed with Weaver. But here's info on him anyway.

He's reportedly cutting his list to 5 soon. You'd have to think Nova, O$U, USC, & Florida are probably in there.

joeglasgow71 likes this.
  6. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,543
    Throwing my support behind Florida and/or USC. Gainesville and Downtown LA are just breathtaking, Elijah.

mass_dawgs likes this.
  7. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,063
    Again, proving that Boltmann and company are nothing but snakes, here is a direct from Weaver from this week on which he says he staff told him it was a better opportunity and campus. So either Holt is lying (of course he is) in his little piece for this site or now two journalists have misquoted Weaver.

http://elevatehoops.com/portfolio/e...n-official-visits-programs-he-wants-to-visit/

“Ohio State, we had a good connection; they recruited me at Butler. It started at Butler and when they moved schools, they said it’d be a better opportunity and nicer campus but our relationship has been good; they talk to me everyday. We call everyday and we just talk about everything besides basketball so I feel like our connection is good. They told me to come to their school; just because it’s a big school they want me to see it and they want me to run the show there. So if I go there and I like it enough, I’ll probably commit, maybe, but I just wanna go see the school and see how I feel about it.”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  8. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,261
    How can anyone feel good about Boltmann and Co., they screwed Butler every but right. Walking away from a good situation that gave him a chance at the big time and
    gave him numerous extensions and raises, talking down the opportunities and the campus to potential recruits, and offering recruits that did not seem important when
    he was at Butler. I for one hopes he fails miserably at OSU.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  9. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    Weaver's coach really, really, really appears to like Florida (no surprise). Hopefully the home state wins out here. His 3 set officials are all to large state schools, so that appears to be what attracts him. Think BU was a long shot even if the staff had stayed. If OSU is negative recruiting against Butler, then they are woefully confused about their competition or BU stands a chance here--of which there is zero reason to believe.

10. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,507
    Holtmann did elevate recruiting (and those expectations) and widen the net while at BU. And, he did surround himself with others who could recruit. Have to give him credit there. Also, he was a damn lucky coach during most of this recent season. Think of all the wins we got when the other team was missing key players, or key players who were not full strength.....Arizona, Utah, Villanova, X, Indiana and others. (Not to mention his luck in being in the right place at the right time....to get promoted.) And we got one heck of a favorable draw in the Dance to get to the Sweet 16. Sure made it appear from that record that Holtmann could coach, too. Relax Red1972, I have no doubt Holtmann will get exposed at OSU. Be happy that OSU came back with a bigger 2nd offer and we're rid of him. I said it before, if the over / under is 5 years, I'll take the under. One other thing I am confident will happen....Butler will be a much better team this year. LaVall can coach. I'm sure once the season begins the posts will come stating how much so and so has improved from last year. Improvements from the both hard work and from the elevation in coaching. Tougher league and another tough schedule, more so than this past season. If LaVall can come close to or equal the record (without Holtmann's luck), he will have done a hell of a job. Best recruiting tool is winning on the court. Going forward, good luck with that Holtmann. I may even root for IU against OSU.

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,836
    Stevens was also lucky that first run with injuries to opponent's players as well as the second run with Mack's foul against Pitt.

12. Red1972

Money:
    $1,261
    As much as I hate to say it and I have to many I to will root for IU vs. OSU.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  13. Grandpa Bulldog

Grandpa Bulldog Member

Money:
    $27
    I will root for any team that plays Ohio State!

Insane Dawg likes this.
  14. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,288
    [​IMG]

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  15. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Figured we were out, but it's official. Archives.

16. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $480
    Nova out :( Stunning?

17. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    I didn't notice that. You're right. That's pretty surprising.

18. Red1972

Money:
    $1,261
    Remember Boltmann told Weaver there would be "better opportunities at OSU than Butler". You gotta love Boltmann.

19. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $539

Interesting how each of his final four schools are primarily "football" schools. Also clearly he wants the giant state school experience among other things.

Oh well.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  20. Red1972

Money:
    $1,261
    Some of you may remember, Butler lost Zak Irvin to Michigan because of the college football experience. Stevens wanted Irvin real bad, but LaVall worked
    hard to get him. Have faith in LaVall.