Elijah Weaver - 2018 Point Guard (USC)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $23
    I don't think Elijah's recruitment has anything to do with LaVall's ability to recruit and coach. I don't think any 2018 prospect does frankly, but I guess I'm confused as to why this comment is on this thread rather than someone like Eric Hunter, Aaron Henry or Jaxson Hayes' pages where there's actually proof of Butler continuing (or starting in 2 of the 3 of cases I mentioned) to recruit a player. Seems odd to put this on a player's page who I don't think Butler was recruiting once Holtmann left.

2. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $198
    With Ohio State, their staff began recruiting you when they were at Butler. How has their message changed, if at all?

They said they want me to see the new and bigger campus at Ohio State than it was at Butler. They've got bigger and better facilities at Ohio State and they're just trying to take it to the next level. They have a great point guard who came out of there a few years. They didn't have anything to do with it, but D'Angelo Russell came out of Ohio State. They feel like if they get the right point guard in there, like D'Angelo, that they can take it to the next level. They think that I can be the leader and set the tone for the new program.

Would you effectively be the face of the program? And does that appeal to you?

Correct and, yes, it does.

What are you going to be looking for, on your visit to Columbus?

Oh, I can't wait to see it out there. I can't wait to see if it lives up to what everybody says it's like on campus and in the city..I can't wait to see the atmosphere and what it's like on campus and their basketball facilities.

Tools. Still no respect. I wish them nothing but the worst.

3. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $602
    You're right. They should have said "We're at OSU now, but Butler is the best school for you. They have better facilities and a better, bigger campus, you should go there."

I by no means am going to root for the staff at OSU, but holy cow, what do you expect them to say to a kid they recruit at both places? Nothing about this interview reveals any duplicity or anything that makes them "tools."

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. El Conquistador

El Conquistador New Member

Money:
    $41
    Ugh. I dunno. Dissing the facilities at Butler seems petty. I think the high road would look like telling this kid (and all these crossover recruits) Butler was good for us because of Y; now OSU is good for us because of Z.

I have spoken.
    (Hello, NSA)

dawgs2014, Shimmy, bmradio99 and 2 others like this.
  5. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,194

If you think he wants a "football" school, O$U couldn't have picked a better weekend to host him (and Luther Muhammad) on his OV

6. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $602
    Exactly my point!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,043
    Put this thread to bed, let's forget about him and Boltmann Archive him.

8. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Committing today. Crystal Ball favors USC.

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,400
    Anywhere but Ohio State.

mwall787 likes this.
  10. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,191
    Insane Dawg likes this.
  11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,400
    Yes! Although he may de commit once this FBI investigation all comes out.

12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,816
    This surprised me. Makes me at least feel better that he wasn't ever coming to Butler. If he'd have either followed the Holt crew or gone to some other small private school it'd have stung.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

estar20dawg likes this.
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,165
  14. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Member

Money:
    $184
    Elijah Weaver 2018-2019 season:
    5.1 ppg 20.4 mpg