End of season predictions

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by znelson15, Dec 9, 2019.

  1. seadawg

    seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

    Money:
    $5,960
    BU will have an opportunity to surprise some teams in the "Big Dance". Not many surprises in the BE.
     
  2. ConnersvilleBulldog

    ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

    Money:
    $6,685
    Agreed. I'm actually more optimistic about or prospects in the tournament than I am in the Big East. I wouldn't say disappointed is the right word, but my expectations are the Sweet 16 and I think with some good bounces we can go further.
     
    WMUDog, huss587 and seadawg like this.
  3. willisbrown

    willisbrown Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $7,454
    Bingo. Had that conversation last night with a fellow dawg. The big east beats the tar out of you and the teams get to know each other so well, all playing twice and some 3 times in the tourney. And this conference is so rugged it really preps you for the tournament. We said exactly that, just get out alive and Butler should have success in the dance with all we (and other BE teams) mash through from Dec 31-mid march.
     
    WMUDog and seadawg like this.
  4. WMUDog

    WMUDog Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $525
    After the Xavier win I am now hoping for at least 10-8. Let's assume we win Saturday. That is no guarantee of course, but if we do then we can talk about the possibility of a split the following week. If that happens then I think we have a shot at 11-7. As of now we have about a 30% chance at Seton Hall and a 40% chance at Creighton (although I would reverse those odds.). Now, imagine Jordan Tucker taking one 3 (about 30%) and MdD taking another (about 40%). We just need one of those to go in. Willis, would you wager that one of those go in? I think I would.
     
  5. WMUDog

    WMUDog Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $525
    I just noticed that the Big East is the only conference to have 5 teams in the AP top 25. Think about that, we have more teams in the top 25 than the ACC and the Big 10, and far fewer teams. Half our our conference is ranked.
     
    #60, Brett, bwesson15 and 6 others like this.
  6. noltar

    noltar Active Member

    Money:
    $594
    Unfortunately the pessimist in me can't remotely assume a dub for Saturday, given our track record playing Georgetown at home. Hopefully I'm wrong and the Hoyas get smoked, but only one Butler win against them at Hinkle since joining the BE makes me skeptical. Similar to the inexplicable losses Butler always has to PC.
     
  7. Tentozen

    Tentozen Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $938
    I have noticed that too, and not only Battle, but Mulloy, Hastings, even Smits, who probably hasn’t played as much as he was expecting. They do really seem connected this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops
     
  8. willisbrown

    willisbrown Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $7,454
    Hard for me to assume a W come Saturday and the only reason I feel that way is because we don't how thin we will be. Now we kicked Xavier around, but don't anyone kid yourselves, that was a rugged, physical and emotionally draining game. For both teams. Not to mention we are probably down two guys...yuck.

    To the question of if I would bet on us stealing one on the road with those percentages...Not this year. If we were 100% I'd be all over it, and I'd choose that 3 to come from McD. But damn those are two tough places and two very good teams, and although we are good, I just don't believe we have the depth on the road. But maybe (hopefully) Thompson can be ready to go.
     
  9. IndieDawg

    IndieDawg Active Member

    Money:
    $1,990
    I thought the same thing when I saw him trash our interior D. We’ve gotten loads of love from announcers and analysts over Golden and Nze’s presence. They may not be Tyrique Jones or Daniel Oturu but they’re pretty damn tough.


    Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops
     
  10. estar20dawg

    estar20dawg Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $4,374
    Even the Xavier nutbags over on their crap site, complimented Nze, in fact outside of Baldwin he was the only one who got any respect from.
     
  11. Tentozen

    Tentozen Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $938
    Glad we have another season of Nze. His leadership and skills will be sorely needed next year. Is it to much to ask that he grow a couple of inches?


    Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops
     
    2xDawg likes this.
  12. estar20dawg

    estar20dawg Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $4,374
    I think he's still getting up to the speed of the Big East, remember he played in the Horizon, then sat a year. I think he's going to keep getting better. He's an absolute gym rat and an extremely hard working young man. I think he has exceeded everyone's expectations and more already, and with him up having a year under his belt and a hard training in the off season, it's not unfathomable that we should be able to count on him for a 12 and 9 kind of year next year or better, he's sitting at 9.6 and 6.4 right now.
     
  13. Brett

    Brett Member

    Money:
    $122
     
    Tentozen likes this.
  14. Insane Dawg

    Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $14,674
    Would be awesome if he developed a jump shot.
     
  15. estar20dawg

    estar20dawg Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $4,374
    well he raised his FT from like 48 to like over 70 this year. He hit the tough fade away from about 18 feet last game. It's not out of the question to see him be able to extend to 15 feet. We have Coles coming in who has the range already so the spacing is coming...
     
    bwesson15, Tentozen, Shimmy and 3 others like this.
  16. willisbrown

    willisbrown Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $7,454
    Those numbers are about what he did at Milwaukee at a way lower level on a way worse team when there. It was sorely needed and he's provided what anyone could have hoped-tough rebounding, tough defense, no back down, and a few post looks.

    I've noticed in the last few games when Butler feeds him, he seems to be more confident in his attack. When the BE slate first started I do think things were moving a little fast and he had some rough moments, but other than blowing that bunny Wednesday night, I can't really recall anything shaky in a few weeks. He's been a welcomed addition and gives this team something it sorely lacked last year and I for one am thrilled he's playing for Butler. He'll finish right around 10&7 this year with decent FT shooting. He'll be counted on more next season and I expect even better from him.
     
    UDDawg, BoyGeoff, Shimmy and 3 others like this.
  17. pjohnsto2003

    pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $6,620
    For anyone that had their doubts on Coach Lowery’s ability to teach the post, I think both Bryces can put that to bed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops
     
  18. estar20dawg

    estar20dawg Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $4,374
    T
    The biggest addition he brings is a big that is able to go out and have the foot speed to defend out to the perimeter. Look at what happens in the pick and roll with Nze vs Smits. They score almost 2 p/p with Smits defending the PnR.
     
    Tentozen, BoyGeoff and seadawg like this.
  19. znelson15

    znelson15 Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $1,045
    Love this team of course and they have over achieved and done better than I would have guessed but with how inconsistent they are it scares me how this year finishes

    Could easily finish 2-6 and the year is done

    With the only two wins being DePaul and the johnnies at home

    Need to get back to being more consistent, even with injuries team still seems to be jackly and Hyde


    Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app
     
    BulldogPowers and cornette33 like this.
  20. Red1972

    Red1972 Well-Known Member

    Money:
    $1,536
    Let's face it injuries have killed the season. David, Thompson, Smits, and now Golden. Oh by the way what is the deal with Hastings and will he ever play for Butler?
     

Share This Page