End of season predictions

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by znelson15, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $334
    Hastings hasn’t been needed this year even with all the injuries we are pretty stacked at the 3 which is his natural position.

He will start getting an opportunity next year. We lose McD and Baddley this year and obviously Tucker can play the 3 so with him or healthy enough to play much in on conference never thought he would see time this year. Not sure where he falls out at this point. Something leads me to believe he will get meaningful minutes his junior and senior year. Likely not a starter but 10-20 minutes a night and somewhere between 7th-9th in rotation

2. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,663
    As things stand now we may not win another game, injuries are taking their toll. Lack of depth has reared it ugly head. Today;s game with G-town is a perfect example,
    no David, no Thompson, no Smits, and possibly no Golden. Baldwin as good as he is cannot set up the offense like Thompson, we miss David's glue, and without both Golden and Nze being able to stay on the floor the Dawgs are in trouble. Hate to say it but 7-11, 19-12 are not beyond the realm of possibility. Hopefully wins over DePaul and St
    John's at home

willisbrown likes this.
  3. WAJC77

WAJC77 Active Member

Money:
    $317
    At least we wont have to worry about being in the top 25 so maybe we can fly under the radar a bit in the post season (assuming we don't play our way onto the bubble- which is still a possibility, even if its remote) Team psyche could be quite fragile for the DePaul home game if we get run out the next 2 roadies.

Sidd Finch likes this.
  4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,106
    There is your key. What Hall and Creighton do to us this coming week with a short, outnumbered team? How fragile will it leave this team? Can they mentally recover from just getting brow beat? Or do they fold?

Sidd Finch likes this.
  5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,643
    Don't forget about Donovan as well, he may very well have played some minutes this year at PG going down in the first game really kind of set a tone...

Sidd Finch likes this.
  6. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $980
    Are we really thinking AT and Golden won't be ready to go against SH on Wednesday?

I know concussions are no joke, but they usually don't end seasons or even cause severe stretches of absence.

7. Red1972

Money:
    $1,663
    Would not surprise me!

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,193
    If David can play the 4 at 6'6, then Markeese could be next man up (just like JMM when Smits went out). We are running out of options and time. The underclassmen could be getting 5 minutes a game just in case. We're already playing March Madness teams in conference play. Our average NET opponent keeps rising at #31.

Brookfield Bulldog likes this.
  9. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,106
    Deadbolt lock prediction-9-9 final conference record, loss in BET, 8 seed.

10. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,014
    AT was really active and engaged yesterday. Have to think they were being cautious (right thing to do), and he returns on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

SnoopDawg, BoyGeoff and willisbrown like this.
  11. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,175
    Hey all my predictions still have a chance besides second in big east but everything else is still doable!!!!! Something positive for the day :)

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $624
    Now I am not so sure we sweep our last two home games. 8-10 and a first round loss in the BET is a real possibility.

13. Red1972

Money:
    $1,663
    Another ugly end of the the season, injuries and lack of depth were the culprits. David, Thompson (several times), maybe Baldwin that is a lot to overcome.

14. The Butler Way

The Butler Way New Member

Money:
    $35
    New bracketology on ESPN has butler at 7 seed playing IU. The 2 seed IF we won would be Dayton.

The goal should be a 6 seed. Getting a 5 would be even better just don't see it with the trajectory this season is taking.

znelson15 likes this.
  15. Red1972

Money:
    $1,663
    Butler needs to be at least 9-9, 8-19 won't cut it. Injuries have killed the Bulldogs. Too bad, but that is the story. After the injuries to David, Thompson, Baldwin, Smits, and even Donovan the bottom fell out. Nobody's fault it is what it is.

IndyDawgs likes this.
  16. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,849
    8-10, if it happens, would absolutely still make the tournament.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

estar20dawg and Tentozen like this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,106
    I'm not sure I'm as sure as you on that. Our Net will still be "worthy" of it, but in the end humans make the call and do they really put in a losing conference record? A team that had gone 5-10 down the stretch (plus let's say a 7-10 game win, then a loss)? I just don't know. And I don't want to find out. Win the next two against bad teams at home.

18. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,606
    While I occasionally agree with Willis, I think that the number and quality of wins (Q1A/Q1B) and zero Q3/4 losses would allow this team to get in at 8-10. However, as a fan, I would be so disappointed with 8-10 based on the talent on this team. Not sure where the non-con Dawgs are. But if they get back together, this team can still be a 2nd weekend team.

godogs91 likes this.
  19. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,413
    It's kind of funny how timing has been so important this year to Butler and for much of the Big East.

One of the more worrisome trends - as several have pointed out in the "Butler isn't scaring any teams these days" - is that even when Butler wins, they're not winning by much. (But when they lose, outside of @SHU, boy do they lose.) Biggest margins of victory in conference: 12 points over Creighton and at Providence. Both in the beginning of January. Think that happens if those same games are played today? (Or what if the Butler/Seton Hall games were flipped home/away...does Butler lose a close one on the road in January and maybe win at home while SHU is struggling in mid-Feb?)

20. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,849
    The non-con 'Dawgs are stuck in an infirmary somewhere. Since the conference slate began, Butler has lost almost 20 man-games from starters or players expected to provide significant contributions to the team this season. For the season, that number is somewhere around 30. And that doesn't count any emergency depth at the point that Butler lost when Donovan went down. Hope this week is a healing one for the team. They need it going into the final week of the schedule.