Eric Hunter - 2018 Point Guard (Purdue)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 11, 2015.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,677
    Some ppl are clearly underestimating the weight of following Joey Brunk in this decision process...
    [​IMG]

2. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,496
    If it's any consolation, Purdue was hot garbage in that exhibition.

3. BoilerBulldog

BoilerBulldog Active Member

Money:
    $118
    Eric Hunter's dad was not the former QB who was recently killed in VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

ehunt66 and estar20dawg like this.
  4. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,510
    Looks like his OVs are set... not great look for Butler.

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,942
    Why only 4 visits? Maybe he doesn't think an OV is necessary for BU? Or we're out. Also, might it be semantics here--it says "September" visits--maybe we are August or October? I know, kinda grasping here....

6. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,496
    It's possible he won't take one to Butler and he will use the last one for Nebraska. His family and Nebraska might still be working on a date.

7. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,723
    Local kids do not like Butler regardless of who the coach is. I'm thinking Purdue. Kids want playing time, Baldwin will be a junior and Thompson will be a sophomore,
    and Jorgensen will be a senior, and Neese will be sophomore. Not a lot of playing time for a freshman guard, unless he is a superstar, not sure if Hunter is a super-
    star.

8. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $449
    As I said before, Snow is saying Purdue and he is very connected to the local guys. Not saying it is set in stone, but would assume unless something changes that is where it stands today. OSU being added to the list is an interesting addition as well and can't be a good sign. At some point one of these guards will pop for OSU given the playing time they can offer and the power of that brand.

9. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,677
  10. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,942
    OSU was listed in his Top 6 already.

11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $282
    While this sucks, it's not a huge shock. Local kids, with few exceptions, don't want anything to do with Butler. It's too close to home. Would not be shocked if the same thing happens with Henry. I've said for awhile the 2018 class is going to be put together with super glue and duct tape, and while I hope that doesn't wind up being the case, it wouldn't hurt once the fall recruiting cycle is over to start looking at the transfer market hard. Outside of transfers, spring signings haven't been great for Butler. You've got elite talents who won't even look at the school, and then the ones who do generally aren't game changers. Need to hope for the freshmen to develop so this doesn't become an issue.

12. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $449
    I think that was Henry.

IMO - Losing Hunter wouldn't be a huge loss with what is already on the team and his level of talent.

13. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,434
    Sorry, guys ... I was so wrong.

SpartanDawgs and Hinkle like this.
  14. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $378
    Pretty embarrassing, but expected.

It has always been the case that the best you could really hope for was one in fall and hope for spring. Doesn't really look like one will happen though unfortunately

15. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $282
    Just giving you a hard time, but if you said you were sure the sun was going to come up tomorrow I think some of us might be convinced the world was ending.

DawgsMD likes this.
  16. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,942
    He had OSU in his Top 6 edit end of June. So again, he had a top 6--he has four "September" visits. We are all assuming BU and Nebraska are out, but why couldn't BU be a UV or an August or October visit? (Same for Nebraska) Why would he go from 6 to 4 and skip an opportunity to use a 5th OV?

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  17. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $449
    Who is assuming we are out? Posted earlier that snow thinks it is us and X behind Purdue.

ehunt66 likes this.
  18. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,510
    Your takes are what's embarrassing, but that's also expected. Did I miss something? Did the three OVs we have scheduled in the coming weeks get cancelled? You probably forgot those existed but heaven forbid you ever comment on positive Butler news. That's not your schtick, I get it.

19. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839
    Not sure why everyone is so surprised... Indy kids don't really take OV's to Butler. Brunk was an anomaly. We are a national brand now and need to focus elsewhere. Feel like it is easy to tell if an Indy area kid is seriously interested in Butler. Never really got that vibe with Hunter but who knows.

He's been around the program for years already. Spending two days on campus isn't going to change anything positively or negatively.

Butler and Nebraska had been perceived as leaders and neither got an OV. Does Hunter already know something and just wants to make sure? Have a weird feeling he will end up at Minnesota for some reason.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,041
    I'm really not sure what to make of it. I mean, on the one hand you'd think if we were top 5 we'd get an OV. On the other, does it really matter when you live 10 minutes away? You can literally visit every other day, and if you've got 5 other schools you're looking at (as he does) that will cost money to travel to, why would you use an OV on a place that's a jog away?

It's obviously not a positive, but we definitely don't know that it's a negative either.