Eric Hunter - 2018 Point Guard (Purdue)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $268
    I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe we are officially out of this one. This board has the collective self-confidence of Eeyore.

butlerdude05 likes this.
  2. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $414
    Not sure I follow?

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,400
    My point is the competition for Indy area kids is intense whereas other cities/areas don't have the recruiting competition that Butler faces.

4. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $414
    Agree - people are recruiting all areas if there are good players, but Indy has an especially high number of "local" schools that are really good at basketball that recruit the area.

5. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $551
    I don't buy this. Purdue is 1 hour away and X is 2. He's been to these campuses plenty of times before too. He's not coming here. Hope I am wrong, he'd be a great player and fit for us, but I can't see any way this happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $414
    Agree. While he might still come to Butler, to think this is anything but a negative sign at this point in time would be misguided.

Also - still hearing from B Snow Hunter to Purdue.

7. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $414
    Four-star guard Eric Hunter decided to set four visits, in order to Purdue, Xavier, Ohio State, and Minnesota during the month of September. By all accounts the plan going into the visits is for all of the trips to be taken, and for Hunter to see all of his top options.

Along with those our, local school Butler appears to be majorly in the mix for Hunter, who is one of the better combinations of shooter and athlete remaining at the guard spot in the Midwest.

As of now the word seems to be that the Boilermakers might be in a solid spot. Purdue has built a good relationship with Hunter over a period of time, and they have continued to recruit him hard throughout the spring and summer.

Minnesota also made a very strong impression during the spring on an unofficial visit, and there is definitely room at the point guard spot in Minneapolis, which is something that Hunter likes.

Xavier and Butler have probably been the two schools on Hunter the longest, though a coaching change at Butler has made the relationship a bit different. Still the Bulldogs under LaVall Jordan showed interest from day one and they remain a major threat, as does Xavier because of the longstanding ability.

Ohio State has the advantage of a long built in relationship with Chris Holtmann. The Buckeyes coaches offered Hunter immediately after getting to Columbus, and he is looking forward to that visit.

Clearly no decision has been made, and this projects to be a recruitment that takes time to finish up, but at least going into the visits, Purdue might be in the best spot.

8. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $313
    I have a freshman there this year. 57% are from in state. 43% are from out of state. 15% are from the Chicagoland area. So there are only 28% from outside of Indiana and Chicagoland.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,816
    You've got your numbers flipped. 57% are from out of state. Also, "Chicagoland" includes parts of Indiana, which would be included in part of the 43% of Indiana, so you can't figure non-Indiana non-Chicagoland like that.

10. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $313
    Yep, got it flipped, and didn't think about Northwest Indiana. Good call on that one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $443

Looks like decision coming soon from Hunter

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

12. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,194
    Starts his OV slate tomorrow for Purdue football's night, home opener

13. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $841
    I forgot. He has others planned too. Just not Butler. So unless he flips for the Boilers maybe he is trimming his list

14. dawgnation

dawgnation Active Member

Money:
    $181
    My prediction is Purdue. Sounds like official went well this weekend. Trevion Williams a current 2018 commit is recruiting him pretty hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,816
    Sorta feels like it's getting close to a lock for Purdue...

16. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $198
    In home visit with Minnesota Tuesday.

ChiDawg3 likes this.
  17. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $198
    So he cancelled his X visit? It's looking like he wants to follow his boy Aaron Henry to a big ten school. Osu minn or Purdue... I wonder what changed....

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

18. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $574
    Must mean he's committing to Butler!

19. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,317
    There will be a lot of butt-hurt if EH picks OSU...

20. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,194
    Idk if he cancelled his Xavier visit or just swapped weekends w tO$U so he could go see a football game?