Ethan Morton - 2020 Shooting Guard (Purdue)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by the_speakers_lab, Dec 13, 2017.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,286
  2. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,300
    Butler University? Butler, PA? Mark the crystal ball now

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,066
    I don’t know who Meyer is watching, but I really hope it’s Ethan Morton of NY Rens. I’ve only seen 2 minutes of him and want him. Instantly brought a ton of energy. Appears to have a high basketball IQ and has been taking non stop. Has a steal, a 3, and an assist. 247 does list Butler as having interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. bicknob

bicknob Member

Money:
    $69
  5. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,250
  6. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,516
    After a visit to campus this weekend, 2020 shooting guard Ethan Morton received an offer from Butler. He is currently rated in the top-100 for the class and showed dedication to the defensive end of the floor at the EYBL in addition to a well-rounded offensive game.

He also has offers already from Indiana, Virginia, Stanford, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Penn State, UAB, Duquesne, Miami (OH), and Cleveland State.

7. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,006
    Northwestern offered Morton.

8. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,516
  9. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,516
    Oregon offered Morton.

10. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $235
    https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/eric-bossi-s-summer-jam-blog-

11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
  12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
  14. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,337
  15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
  16. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,337
  17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,063
  18. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $92
    Since Hicks left for greener pastures with Holtmann, good recruiting info has been harder to come by. We know they're prioritizing guards (point guard specifically) for the class, and right now, barring transfers, they'll have 3 schollies available. Now if we get through July next year and are still scrambling for someone, then yeah, get more nervous, but there's still a ton of time on the recruiting calendar left, and there could be guys Butler hasn't even offered yet that suddenly blow up and become really attractive options.

#60, Tentozen and estar20dawg like this.
  19. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,063
    I get that... but usually we have one or two priorities where the staff is sniffing even during the season, but I haven't really seen or heard anything of substance. A lot of offers and new offers for PGs and Forwards, but no real momentum. Given the apparent deficiencies of the coaching staff, recruiting is paramount. The only real name that is recent and talking about is Leal, but we all know that he's IU bound once they get around to offering.

Granted, I know that there are things going on that we are not privy to, but it's eerily quiet and seemingly unsure and that's concerning.

20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,217
    Yea I would like to know and hear more, but let's look back so far in the LJ era Hastings committed we didn't even have a clue who he was or we were even looking at, Khaliff Battle was kind of a little more out there, Tucker really didn't know much until a couple days before it was down to us and Georgetown really. The staff has been overall pretty hush hush to the general public in their recruiting dealings so it wouldn't shock me if something would kind of just turn up. Leal likes us but as you said if and when IU comes around to offering he's got to be a ridiculous IU lean. Other than that, hear a little about Beard and other than that just PG revolving names.

Tentozen likes this.