Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    To be fair, your post was misleading. Just saying! Please don’t get mad.

NCJon and dawgs2014 like this.
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,644
    We have a lot of posters who should apply for Butler HC if Jordan leaves

knobcreekfan and NCJon like this.
  3. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    Do you have any friends?

Shimmy, NCJon and bu2013 like this.
  4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,465
    Agree, top guys are going to get other scholarships. We'll win some and lose some. As long as we're aiming high it will all work out.

fdr, NCJon, Insane Dawg and 3 others like this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    I still say that pic is awesome. Job well done there.

Anyway, sounds like he's scheduled to visit our friends in Cincinnati in August.

Edit-reread the article I saw on the twitterz and it also says he's on Va Tech's campus currently, ours was official, the acc schools and GA were unofficial, and Xavier is official.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  6. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $807
    I'm amazed that the biggest fans of a program, that has, time and again, proven doubters wrong, remain the program's biggest doubters.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

knobcreekfan and Insane Dawg like this.
  7. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $962
    Well it isn't surprising that he is getting just as good of D 1 offers. let's just hope since Butler was first we will be the last standing. Hopefully it means more to him than the others. Remember he had a countdown to his visit with Butler. Did he with others for those who can tell? Let's hope LJ has learned from the Loop and Udeze situations.

Pick n Roll Dawgs likes this.
  8. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $4,173
    People both want us to recruit and land better players while simultaneously not wanting to compete smdh

9. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $962
    True statement. I think if we had what people considered a stellar staff fans would not worry. Because they are for the most part unproven across the board that leads to hesitation and doomsday post. I wanted Brown right away but we have to have it play out and trust the staff.

10. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    I agree that time will tell with LaVall. Two years is not sufficient time to truly judge a coach; if that was the case, there would be several very good coaches who would not be at their current schools based on their records the first two years at their respective schools. I'm not sure that we can glean anything from his one year at Wisconsin-Milwaukee. If I remember correctly, he only had three returning scholarship players on that team; and while I believe they may have finished last in regular season, they did go to the championship game of the conference tournament.

Alcohol101 and NCJon like this.
  11. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,776
    Would love to see the two of you get stuck on an elevator together.

Willis - what’s the line? Can I get put all of my Butler points on FUK?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    My book only accepts Butler Bucks for wagering.

13. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,300
    Sidd Finch, BHayden, seadawg and 7 others like this.
  14. Pick n Roll Dawgs

Pick n Roll Dawgs Active Member

Money:
    $384
    Nice interview! I think there were a lot of positives he seemed to really like butler. After reading I think butler is still first. Georgia is right there next. The other 3 I don’t think we have to worry about but one thing makes me a bit nervous is if the cream pitch of getting him to the next level- he could really like that. I think Lavall could play those same cards talking about some of the Michigan players he helped go to NBA. Lastly I think a huge factor is he said (talking about butler) they want me to come in a play right away. I think that will stick out to him and hopefully will result in him being a butler bulldogs not Georgia bulldog.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    My favorite part is you asking him about what stands out the most about the other teams recruiting him hard and his answer is "they're talking to me more".

Pretty outstanding insight there :)

16. Pick n Roll Dawgs

Money:
    $384
    HAHAH I laughed out loud on that one. That’s why I said no worries from those school . Willis I see butler still in driver seat by slim margin hbu?

BHayden and Lukas Harkins like this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    Official deadbolt rankings:

1. GA
    2. Butler
    3. GT
    4. Xavier
    5. VT
    6. Clemson

I had Butler a clear one until GA offered, that throws in a monkey wrench and it is what it is, it'll take LaVall's strongest sales job to keep him away from Athens. The local hoops writer down here seems to think GT is still a very strong player in this too. I'm not sure I agree, but, he is on the ground and more familiar with all these HS kids as compared to me, so I'll take stock in it if he says so, but he also seems to imply GT is high, but not GA and Butler high.

BHayden and Lukas Harkins like this.
  18. Pick n Roll Dawgs

Money:
    $384
    Agreed I think you can flip flop butler and Georgia all u want, it’ll be a tight race all the to the finish. From that article from Lukas I just think based on the fact butler wants him to come in and play right away where Georgia could always be recruiting a stud at his positions gives us the upper hand. He mentioned trust with the staff also a plus.

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  19. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,300
    Glad you guys enjoyed the interview! I will keep working on getting some more on Butler targets in the future (in addition to the Goode and Brown ones from this week).

bmradio99, BHayden, Shimmy and 4 others like this.
  20. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $4,173
    Lukas, do you have a guess for who are the favorites right now?