Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. jal8908

jal8908 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,123
    Absolutely. I think Brown is more of a perimeter/athletic wing while Cross/Scooby/Coles fit more as combo forward in this system. I feel like we're looking to fill both those roles, along with another PG/CG to go along with the PG and long/athletic big we already have. That is, assuming we want to use all 5 schollies which if our top targets want to come you have to.

Butlerfan96 and cornette33 like this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,561
    I believe Brown envisions himself as a shooting guard at the next level. I would imagine LJ's thinking is the same.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,836
    Yes, they play much differently and Cross will be a stretch 4 where as Brown will be a wing. If we were to land both, it's a coup.

MBA2003, Butlerfan96 and cornette33 like this.
  4. seadawg

Money:
    $3,561
    I could see being capable of playing the 3 as well with his shooting ability?

5. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,802
    “Hurl. Heh heh”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    Brown...yes. Cross...too slow.

7. seadawg

Money:
    $3,561
    Cross has been listed as 6'6" to 6'8". Speed may be an issue but if he has aspirations to play beyond the college level it would be at the 3. His development would be the key component. BU has consistently played out of position IMO. It has proved to be a downfall over and over. A stretch PF would certainly be his primary role at the next level but I'd hate to limit a player's role. Johnson on the hand appears to more of true PF although undersized. Likewise for Coles.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  8. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $989
    Think he closed out his twitter

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  9. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,986
    cornette33 likes this.
  10. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $835
  11. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,402
    As of right now, I believe Virginia's 2020 class is full. They do not have any open scholarships *at this moment* but that could easily change - nor am I 100% sure that I'm accurate.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  12. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $467
  13. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $989
    He had a new twitter handle.

14. Butlerfan96

Butlerfan96 Member

Money:
    $106
    Are the so called “experts” still predicting him to butler? I thought I remembered seeing someone had him 100% to butler but I could be mixing up recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

cornette33 likes this.
  15. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,402
    Corey Evans of Rivals made a pick for Butler in mid-May. That is the only available analyst pick on Brown's recuitment, I believe. That is, at least, until @Jared Grubbs finally gets his posted haha.

16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,819
  17. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,402
  18. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,184
    Talked about all the programs involved. Has a September visit set up for X. The article ended with this wrap-up:

Brown said his recent trips to Butler and Georgia have probably put those schools towards the top of his list, but maintains that he’s still open to new schools coming in. The four-star prospect really liked his time on Butler’s campus and the relationship he’s built with the Bulldogs staff. Head coach Lavall Jordan was spotted watching him play last month in Georgia. The in-state version of the Bulldogs is also in a really good spot because of his familiarity with the program. Crean’s plan for him also caught his attention. Brown said he’s planning to get some visits done soon after July and is shooting for a November decision.

BHayden, Shimmy, bmradio99 and 2 others like this.
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    He's hanging onto to trimming until VA offers I bet.

20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,689
    My guess is Crean in his typical fashion over promised Brown.

BU Fan in Illinois likes this.