Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $962
    Did he say anything in his story?

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    I can promise you he's going to take his visits...maybe not get to all but he's going to see a couple more at least. So, fans are just going to have to be patient. He's a kid enjoying the love, but it's not meant to be taken seriously. Like you said...math. He hasn't even cut his list yet, so, we got a long ride in front of us.

3. jal8908

jal8908 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,119
    For sure, and unless a kid is really set on a school and worried about losing his spot to someone else by waiting, I always support going through the entire process and enjoying it as much as possible. It just seems weird that he only ever posts about Butler...I'd almost rather see other schools mentioned here and there too just because that feels less confusing

4. ButlerFan96

ButlerFan96 Member

Money:
    $97
    Just to add from what i said earlier about him posting butler stuff, I also see him posting some GT stuff as well. Defiantly the majority is butler though.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $363
    His instagram says he's cutting to top 6 soon but seems to only have 7 schools highly involved so wont be a dramatic cut but still exciting...

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    Maybe he's realizing he may want to move a little quicker than November? Seeing spots being eaten up.

cornette33 likes this.
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
    With due respect to Brown, I'd love for us to get a visit from Chibuzo Agbo in the short term. That kid looks physically ready for the Big East right now.

willisbrown likes this.
  8. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,707
    Does anyone know his middle name? If it isn't Myles or Miles, I may have second thoughts about this recruitment. LMAO

ButlerFan96 likes this.
  9. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    I would love to get Brown, and I don't think there is any reason to believe he doesn't like us or that we're not still actively recruiting him, but in the hypothetical where we get a commitment from a PF and there's only one spot available: I want the kid who is enthusiastic about committing to Butler and who the staff thinks is good enough to contribute. If Brown still doesn't think it's us by then, that's fine with me.

10. ButlerFan96

ButlerFan96 Member

Money:
    $97
    Just my take- I think butler can be very selective now that we have 3 commits this early. Sitting good with coles maybe us and TCU on that one. When it comes to Eugene I think butler should make him a top priority which I believe they have and continue to do. What should help is I doubt Georgia can say or do the same. GT maybe? I’m not sure who they are recruiting. The Xavier fan said they have a few guys above him they want. I think butler is sitting pretty here.

11. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    I wonder if announcing his cut-down date is his way of letting UVa know this is their last chance to offer before he moves on? After that, it would be great if his timeline moved faster than expected.

cornette33 and Tentozen like this.
  12. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $363
    It's possible... Tate cut his list to a Top 7 less than a week ago. So he committed shortly after his cut list. The only difference is Brown already went on his official to Butler and Tate did his after his cut list. Just need to keep feeding Brown some love via fans and coaches. The kid loves Instagram and like others mentioned before, its filled with Butler pics...

BHayden, cornette33 and MBA2003 like this.
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
    Just my opinion, but it's unlikely there's an offer coming from Virginia at this point. Jabri Abdur-Rahim and Sam Hauser will take the bulk of the minutes at 3/4 for Tony Bennett.

14. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $714
    I think if these recruits read this board they would see, ad majorem, a highly interesting and knowledgeable fanbase. Cudos to everyone for being so engaged. I learn something new all the time. Not saying it makes a difference to some on- the- edge recruit or not;' I'm sure alot of other individual factors play in for sure- but it certainly can't hurt.

Go Dawgs!

BHayden, NCJon and seadawg like this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    Yeah VA may be tapped out so, I know that's very attractive to him, but it probably comes down to us, GA and A&M. That A&M visit is one to watch. Buzz with all the money and new toys at A&M...he should have a field day.

16. ButlerFan96

ButlerFan96 Member

Money:
    $97
    I thought I read yesterday A&M just landed someone. Could be wrong and don’t even know the position. What’s there depth at Small forward? Hopefully they don’t have many scholarships left. I’d be scared of A&M big time

17. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    On Verbal Commits, it looks like A&M has 3 spots open in 2020, with 35 (holy schnikes!) offers outstanding.

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    Buzz got himself a fancy new car and wants to show it off.

19. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $575
    Or a new recruiting dart board and he's just throwing darts at it.

That said, Williams is a good recruiter, so he does something right.

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    And he's never had resources like this...I'm intrigued by him there. I know my man Oats will kill it at Bama. Muss is already making Arkansas transfer U...Buzz at A&M though could turn out to be the best hire.