Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    I still have my hopes up on Brown. That being said, usually when a recruitment drags out like this, it doesn't bode well for us. We usually do better in those quick, quiet recruitments.

UDDawg likes this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    Yeah and I'm just bored with it at this point. Could he be awesome at Butler? Sure. But, we've had a couple recruiting wins which makes me feel less concerned as to what he does. I still bet on him staying home in the SEC with us as a very slim chance. I've felt like that for a bit but with every passing day, dragging and dragging, I grow even more confident we are not his school. I'd like a pleasant surprise, but, I'm not just dying for it.

I'll only really care if he picks X. That'll suck. But that's squarely on Butler if he does. These big time football schools...he choosing them won't bother me at all. What can you do?

3. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $539
    Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think we need a wing just as much, if not more than we need a big for 2020 at this point.

Right now, if Tucker leaves after this season, we are counting on one of two things for 2020-2021.
    1. Khalif Battle being able to start at the 3 as a sophomore (I always viewed him as more of a 2 guard) or
    2. Christian David or Markeese Hastings being able to start at the 3 (neither has showed they are capable of that to this point)

Those would be our only options, and I'm not sold on either scenario at this point. Of course I hope I'm proven wrong this season, but I think that's a fair assessment right now. IMO, even though a freshman may not be ready to start there immediately, better to have one in with the mix at the very least pushing guys, sooner rather than later.

4. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    I believe if things are as good as I expect, Battle will be on the wing in 2020-2021. With Tate and Thompson as the 1 and 2. At 6'5" he's more than capable. Who his reserve will be? That's where it comes into play as a need, because the options don't cut it.

Scooby will be a wing in college and a small ball 4. He'd fit well and can also help bring the ball up. Brown would be great there. I don't know that Brown is as hot on Butler as he once was or as many think.

I agree it's a need and I would be fine with a couple more looks at the 2020 class and offers.

I say all of this expecting to not have Tucker in 2020-2021...if we do, then, whatevs.

FriarDawg likes this.
  5. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,193
    Agree, with the additional point that the wing is more important in what I envision LaValls system. Ideally we fill out class with a wing and big.

I wonder though if LaVall will play a 3 guard lineup at times with a single wing and a big.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. ButlerFan96

ButlerFan96 Member

Money:
    $97
    I think a huge key could be Christian David developing his game. About a month ago I talked to someone on the team i won’t say names but I was told Christian is a monster in practice. Also I was told in the game it’s not the same guy the confidence goes away. I’d expect David to be a force soon if the confidence comes along.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    estar20dawg likes this.
  7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,527
    I'm squarely on the fence. With the point guard position seemingly to be settled for the time being, filling either and or would be of equal importance. I do feel Brown could eventually make the transition to shooting guard assuming he were to pick BU.

8. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    His training videos look great this summer. He had NBA potential as a hs kid before the knee and then LJ totally mismanaged the kids his first 2 years and hopefully he's finally ready to shake that. I'm with you and expect a big year from him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60 and ButlerFan96 like this.
  9. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    Good Lord...really guys?

Where is this huge year going to come from? A miracle if he can beat out who he's buried by or a ton of injuries. Either way we're doomed if he's playing much at all. Heavens.

dippper61 likes this.
  10. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,527
    It would not be the 1st time a junior suddenly emerged.

MBA2003 likes this.
  11. ButlerFan96

ButlerFan96 Member

Money:
    $97
    Just told you what I heard from a guy practicing with him everyday. I really think CD is one step away from breaking out and that step is just confidence on offense. Also being down the list on scouting report should help.

estar20dawg and dawgs2014 like this.
  12. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $230
    Can you share a link?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $230
  14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
  15. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $363
    GT should get one... Hopefully that axes X.

16. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,297
    I don't have access to that piece but I know Eugene's upcoming visit schedule: Butler (already taken), Texas A&M (Aug. 28-30), Xavier (Sept. 4-6), Ohio State (plan in process - no date set). Not sure on the fifth, but I would guess Auburn considering he has already been to UGA and GT due to proximity.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  17. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,238
    Clearly you're not well versed in the legend of Jamie Smalligan...

[​IMG]

18. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,238
    Tate and Brown's recruitment is proving to be an adequate example of the pro's and con's of being the first OV...

UDDawg likes this.
  19. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $724
    No mention at all of Butler. Taking OVs to X, A&M, and Ohio State.

20. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,165
    It is time to archive him, I think Coles would be a better get, but what the hell do I know.

willisbrown likes this.