Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,730
    I completely agree...if we can "get ahead of the game" so to speak we're in good position. The ACC is knocking (GT, Clemson) but the big boys of the ACC aren't in the neighborhood yet. I'd like to keep it that way. I'm not sure if Crean is involved (no word of it down here) and State/Ole Miss are involved out of the SEC, no TN, Auburn, Bama yet. Getting him in this week is huge. Throw all you got at him and hope it resonates.

bumba likes this.
  2. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    Pretty positive David Woods reads this board.

El Conquistador likes this.
  3. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749
    Everybody does. Most connected to the program just don’t want to admit it.

El Conquistador likes this.
  4. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,730
    Heh, I called him out once on the twitterz for using this board as his source for what he discusses in his articles, that he only regurgitates what he reads around here (true, kinda) and dude is so thin skinned he blocked me. So, whatevs. But he definitely reads this place.

5. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    Lol I agree he is thin skinned. That prolly hurt him pretty bad

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $461
    I sure hope we land this guy. He and Battle will be a dangerous and gritty combo.

Hinkle Nation, bumba and estar20dawg like this.
  7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,240
    Besides his OV, he's going to be in Indy in 2 weeks for the EYBL

Hinkle Nation likes this.
  8. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,730
    I definitely get the feel he is a "big city" kid. Decatur (SW Dekalb HS) is a hair east of downtown and very much an urban area of Atlanta. I think with that if he wants city, Butler has about the best thing you can offer...nice campus in a world by yourself, but with a very big, very bustling city a few miles away. Because of this I can almost set my watch, unless the Pukes, UNCs or VAs start calling, it'll come down to us, Memphis and GT. Indianapolis is our best card to play with him while he's up this week and later on in May.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    #60 and Hinkle Nation like this.
  9. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $976
    So Wednesday is his visit? Just staying the day?

10. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $749
    OV’s are 48 hours. Usually will include a meeting with the head coach where they talk about where he fits in the program, a fancy dinner, and a night with a couple players. Among many other things.

cornette33 likes this.
  11. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $976
    I saw that he retweeted Lukas's tweet about his visit.

Hinkle Nation and willisbrown like this.
  12. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,505
    Probably a late night visit to the Red Garter. Maybe the White Castle next door if they are feeling lucky.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,730
    ATL in the house...No classes and all fun before finals. Hopefully he is shown a good time and someone takes him downtown. I'd show every positive Indy has to offer. You got 48 hours, make them awesome. It's a great place to be in the Spring. Leeeeggggggoooooo.

cornette33 likes this.
  14. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,350

15. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    Indy Star has David woods article about his visit good read except I don’t like how David starts every article so negative. Drives me nuts
    Eugene dad said he and his son watch butler play often!

cornette33 likes this.
  16. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $749
    Start dropping links!

Hinkle Nation likes this.
  17. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $213
    Did we hire a Louisville assistant? hahaha

bmradio99 and NCJon like this.
  18. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,730
    Great, in depth reporting there by Woods. He should just link this board when he puts up articles.

Anyway, I too thought that article had a very negative opening. I mean, if that kid reads that article (which he will) and the first sentence is about how Butler can't get 4 stars and barely can get them on campus, what the hell is the kid going to think? "Ew, 4 stars don't go there? Then, why are the interested in me? Am I not worthy of a 4? Should I be looking at bigger schools with better programs and facilities?"

I mean, what is Woods' point to open like that? Completely unnecessary and the guy continues to be a POS hack.

20. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    I don't understand why that's what Woods decided to highlight. He's not wrong, but we just landed Khalif Battle who was a Top 100 guy so it's not like we are completely out in left field here. He's definitely a glass half empty kind of guy.

willisbrown likes this.