Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    We've actually had plenty of 4 stars come through lately so yea, don't really understand that one...

2. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    I just wish he would start the article off complementing Eugene. Talk about his skill set you know he will read it. Let’s welcome him and make it a place he really wants to come to, which it may already be. I just hate how he started that article. Terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Mad_Dawg 48 likes this.
  3. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    A think a great example is Lukas tweet. He stated how he is one of the best players in 2020. We need that positivity when it comes to these top players

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,738
    Because he's a hack and any other material he has he boosted from here. So he opens with his own Schtick about Butler sucking at recruiting, on the eve (eve eve) of one of the highest rated recruits in the 2020 class coming on campus. He's simply a no talent douche bag. Why, why on earth, with this program treading water, needing a huge recruiting win, post some garbage like that in regards to this visit? He's terrible. I pray we get another writer soon.

Hinkle Nation likes this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,738
    Yes, you start the article in an upbeat tone glossing over the skills and ranking of this recruit. You don't start it acting like Butler is the Tiny Tim attending Eugene Brown's recruiting ball. **** Woods. I can't get to him because I'm blocked but I hope someone lights his ***** ass up on the twitter machine. He needs to go away and quickly.

Hinkle Nation likes this.
  6. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $343
    His articles and tweets have increasingly become negative, because that is what drives the most clicks and engagement with his high school track focused twitter feed.

willisbrown and ButlerHomer like this.
  7. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    I agree 100 percent

8. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    It’s almost like he’s covering all this swimming and dive stuff when butler news does come around he gets on here and types some half ass negative article. Frustrating because we really need Eugene

9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    Yeah, count me out on being too upset about that article. A beat writer's job isn't to be positive or negative.

If the staff can't close and (not that we would ever really know) this article had anything to do with it, I'd be pissed at the staff more than David Woods.

10. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    True and I’m not saying this article will make or break his commitment it shouldn’t at all. I do think though the article was poorly written in the first paragraph to start. I’m not English wizard but should have for sure started it out by saying how good Eugene is and what a terrific get it would be for butler . Similar to Harkins tweet that Eugene retweeted.

11. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,338
    I’m starting to get the feeling I need to write an article about the visit lol. I wasn’t planning on it...

Everyone has their own view on recruiting and the program, though. I’d say it’s always a positive for a top-100 recruit to a) say the things he has about butler and b) get him on campus. Both of those are occurring and it’s not fair to say Butler isn’t traditionally a four-star targeting school when we don’t really know who LaVall will be as a recruiter. We will find out soon enough.

Targeting Brown is not like swinging at a curveball in the dirt down 0-2 in the count. There’s a legit shot to land him and, given a strong return from injury, a reasonable shot at hitting a home run.

12. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    Yes Eugene pays attention to you also so getting a good positive article out there would be great! I’m always down for an article from u about butler

13. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    Eugene put on his Instagram “where y’all seeing me go to college” he posts some replies some were GT then there was 3 butler Answers in a row. Then one said UNC get that offer. Other said Florida. Good news I guess

14. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,241
    Woah, come on! We need more puff pieces about us! No negativity! No criticism allowed! You have to feel pissed!

UDDawg, BU_NeonHat and NCJon like this.
  15. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,338
  16. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,303
    Granted, ESPN is pretty generous in their star rankings, but going by them we've had 8 four-stars commit since 2015. No idea how many more visited in that time frame.

247 had only 3 of those as four-stars. I probably lean more in line with 247 but don't mind telling outsiders we got 8!

bwesson15, Shimmy, #60 and 2 others like this.
  17. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    cornette33 and Lukas Harkins like this.
  18. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    Just to get people hyped over tomorrow...

Hinkle Nation and Lukas Harkins like this.
  19. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $1,338
    I'm a Healthcare and Business major at Butler and I've been interning in web analytics for the past year, so we'll see what happens. I graduate in two weeks but still looking in the job market for potential positions. I'm planning on continuing writing but I want to be able to pursue a position in my field as the full-time part of my life. But, who knows?

20. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    Well best of luck either way. I didn’t realize Eugene would be there on his OV and then in Indy again! Wow I bet we get that commitment while he’s here this week or next. What u think?

Staxawax and Lukas Harkins like this.