Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Ohio State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Member

Money:
    $155
    His phone's background is himself in a Butler jersey. What's he waiting on? (This makes me think there is definitely some football schools sniffing around.)

cornette33 likes this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,867
    It's ACC/SEC country and I think he's waiting out a few more offers from that world before he decides. The *biggest* sec name to offer so far is Mississippi St, and I don't think they're a major player here. But, if Georgia offers, they could well be.

3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,576
    I won't say Georgia won't become a player but they have 3 commitments of similar size for 2019, all of which are highly rated.

4. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,867
    True and I don't mean this in a bad way (like it's going to sound) but Crean seems to be targeting home runs also, and has only made contact/shown interest in Brown. No offer yet, which, in his backyard, makes me think we don't have to worry about them. But, they will be lurking. I think that they or a top tier ACC team is kinda what he is waiting to see will develop as his stock rises before he makes a decision.

5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,576
    I suppose we can hope no one else enters the Brown sweepstakes but I doubt that holds true.

6. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $286
  7. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,867
    I kinda sorta don't want him playing at Peach Jam, for selfish reasons. But that's being anti dbap so, we'll see. There will be some more southern schools getting in this, let's just hope we stood out and continue to stand out to him.

8. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,802
    Is this an analogous to you and feminine hygiene?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

9. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $243
    I'm pretty surprised he hasn't pulled the trigger already. Butler was a favorite even before the visit, which seemingly only solidified things. Wouldn't think any offers are coming while being sidelined for the summer. Let's put this thing to bed already Eugene!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $758
    Not that uncommon for recruits to do this. Just the other day, I saw a kid announce a "Top 6." His profile pic was him in Purdue gear, and guess what school wasn't included in that group of six, lol. Granted, football is a whole different recruiting game, but still. Who the hell knows, Brown might just like the colorway and design.

Obviously, it seems like there is more here than Brown just liking BU's unis though. I think it's fairly safe to say BU is the front runner, but his family has said he will take some visits over the summer and decide when this Fall rolls around. Hopefully FSU, Georgia, etc. will stay the hell away.

11. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $841
    I know it goes against our "Cinderella" programmed thinking, but, anyone think it could be us waiting to see how he recovers from surgery before finalizing things? We've all seen that not everyone gets back to who they were following an injury.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $354
    It's probably that he is not comfortable committing at this point. In my opinion, I would rather have somebody on board when they are ready to make the actual commitment, as opposed to either flaking out later or transferring after they get here. That puts us in a more difficult spot because we have not been out recruiting to fill the spot when there are plenty of players available (right now and the rest of the summer).

I know there is a narrative on here that the coaches can't recruit, which is why the player doesn't commit immediately after a visit, but the coach and the player have to be on the same page. If he isn't ready to commit, then I would hope we are actively recruiting as well. They hear from other schools, and we try to get other players on campus. Works both ways. It appears Brown likes Butler, and the coaches obviously like him as well. I hope he pulls the trigger sooner than later.

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,522
    Besides Scooby Johnson and Brown, no one we've offered has had much public mention of BU lately. I also don't think it's a coincidence that Chuck Harris committed after we offered Nijel Pack, who has been arguably one of the hottest players in EYBL. Keep pushing out those offers LJ and let's put some urgency into the process.

cornette33 and seadawg like this.
  14. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,987
    But how many times do we have to be surprised by a recruit we've never heard of having serious Butler ties before we learn we really don't know much around here? I really don't think Harris's commitment had anything to do with Nijel Pack. We'd take them both at this point if they wanted to come.

Other than our own glaring insecurities, we have no reason to feel any differently about Brown's recruitment. He's obviously still very high on Butler.

15. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $584
    Yeah, but you have to admit, we do insecurity pretty damn well.

16. 85inarow

85inarow Member

Money:
    $23
    Updated 2020 from 247: dropped 39 spots to 117. Imagine his injury is the culprit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  17. BHayden

BHayden Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    They must’ve heard he was considering Butler and went ahead and started the drop early

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,867
  19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,522
  20. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money: