Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Ohio State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,189
    Mad_Dawg 48 likes this.
  2. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $850
    Was this a quote from Brown or someone's current assessment? Thx.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,189
    Reporter’s assessment. Sorry I wasn’t clear on that.

4. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $511
    I bet he starts to “blow up” more than he already has here soon. First few games he’s played back healthy have been good. I don’t think that if that happens we still don’t have a chance just makes things a bit more difficult

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,881
    Offers will start flying in now that he'll be back on the court permanently. The visits to South Carolina and Clemson should be worrisome. But we knew Clemson had offered, I'm not sure if SC has yet or not. The only SEC school that has offered is Miss St. I still think we sit well and right now, I'm sure we do, but he'll have a few more visits with a few more very big schools...we just gotta hope.

6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,882
    He posted some photos of him in Georgia Tech jerseys to his Instagram story a few minutes ago. Didn’t say anything about a commitment though.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    GT is about 15 minutes from Decatur depending on traffic (could be more if getting into the city is a crawl). For being local, they don't seem to be a huge player here, still a player but not a leader. I think we're the leader with Clemson sitting pretty and he wanting to get through the summer and see what other ACC and SEC offers come. But, Pastner is a good recruiter and it'll be interesting to see if he steps up his pursuit of Brown. But also, he's going to be getting more offers from better programs that are probably more appealing unless he's just dying to stay here.

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    GT had local team camps this past weekend and there were 20 players being evaluated by a local hoops site called Sandy's Spiel. They are big in the GHSA basketball scene as far as player evaluations and news go. Brown's notes are a few players down:

https://sandysspiel.com/georgia-tech-team-camp-notes/

9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,301
    Clemson's strongest selling point is that you get to be part of one of the most impressive streaks in college basketball history!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...lina-holds-off-no-20-clemson-87-79/109525796/

I joke, but I am actually a fan of Brad Brownell, who is a DePauw grad. Still don't know why anyone outside of South Carolina would choose Clemson over Butler for basketball, though.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    BHayden and kmacker69 like this.
  10. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    Whatever, who gives a sh!t about some subjective rankings.

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,882
    Looks like he may have visited UGA this weekend based on his Instagram.

12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,600
    Anyone beginning to feel a touch of apprehension concerning Brown?

13. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,431
    The entire offseason is a state of apprehension. We're Butler fans.

14. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $286
    Its life as the safety school

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    Good news...it's 45 minutes or so away, so, it could be he just went to hang out and see family and/or friends.

Bad news-UGA is an amazing place and if there is mutual interest there and Crean offers, we're in trouble. I've said all along if GA stays out of it I feel comfortable. If they get in it...not good. He's been waiting on an offer from them.

16. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $511
    His high school is at the UGA team camp currently. He’s there with the southwest dekalb team.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

jkcdawgs likes this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    Yep....I thought they were going to Clayton St and I misread that last week, SWD was at Clayton St but it was the JV camp, the Varsity camp was at UGA, much like last week's was at GT. I love how his team is going to these camps and getting to show out against some damn good competition, but, it leaves for anxious moments in his recruiting. Gt has an offer on him, UGA does not, we want UGA to stay out or it's game over.

Looks like he dropped 16 and 5 with a few steals against tri cities...let's hope Crean was paying attention to something else at the time.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  18. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,203
    Who really cares, if Crean gets him I would take Cross instead of him.

bumba likes this.
  19. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $471
    Go away.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,524
    If we lose a local kid to Clappy McCrean then I can handle it. Crean can recruit but has little ability to coach. The guy blew more late game leads at IU than any coach I've ever seen.

Also think it may help get Markeese & Battle time on the floor at the 3 if for some reason we miss in this class.

Bulldogs260 likes this.