Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Ohio State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,841
  2. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,300
    SEND IT TO THE ARCHIVES

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    So much for Crean not paying attention this weekend. Sigh. I was hoping to take the P word way out and not have to deal with GA on this one. This just went from confident to probably not happening.

bu04 likes this.
  4. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,691
    When you meet the Georgia Bulldogs, you're gonna feel a Bulldog BITE

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,439
    Does Brown know Crean is the HC?

6. nindiana

nindiana Member

Money:
    $122
    I’m sure he does. And I’m sure he also knows that Tom Crean has accomplished far more than our own head coach has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daddysmack likes this.
  7. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    Same as one of the best (the best by some outlets) player in the country chose GA this year. Crean can get in talent, and he just stepped on and blew up one of our better offers. On to the next.

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,280
    Staff just needs to try and start hammering home that we've been in on him for much longer and that Crean's history and his landing of Anthony Edwards shows that EB could be recruited over at any time.

Tentozen likes this.
  9. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    I think this is spot on. It's just, with the big GA lights flashing, will he listen? You're spot on, Crean will recruit over Jesus. But, this is a dream for most kids from the city around here. Sometimes that can cloud reason. Athens is about the most gorgeous campus and place on planet earth, but, Butler is the better opportunity for the young man. You just hope he reads it like that. That red and black can be quite seductive to Georgia types.

10. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,087
    For the powerhouse you paint Georgia as, you’d think they had done something in basketball in my lifetime. Maybe Brown picks GA but there’s no proof it’s ballgame.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

SnoopDawg, BHayden and Bulldogs260 like this.
  11. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    It's not about what they've done...but they have the goods to be a powerhouse. Crean, believe it or not is very much improving the talent and local support. But more so, it's not about them being a powerhouse. They aren't. Will they be? Probably not in the SEC...conference is way too good. But, It's like with any flag ship school in any given state, kids grow up in love with it and many can't afford it or get in. When the chance comes, no matter the other options, they take pole position. It would be the same if he was from damn near any state and the flagship offered. These kids from the inner city Atlanta dream on places like Athens. And it can blind them from seeing better opportunities (like Butler would be). GA was my fear. We just can't compete unless he really, really loves Butler. And even if so, it's still uphill. If LaVall were to land him still, I'll be truly impressed and amazed...and it will need to be widely applauded as an excellent job by the staff.

12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,841
    Leandro Barbosa has accomplished more in the NBA than Zion Williamson.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

SnoopDawg likes this.
  13. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,525
    So far only 6 responses to his twitter post about the offer compared to 27 responsses from Butler fans.

Wonder what his Instagram looks like?

BHayden likes this.
  14. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,343
    Surely you mean Jesus Quintana and not the big JC.

IMG_0250.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BulldogsFTW likes this.
  15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,190
    587 likes and 44 comments on instagram post of GA offer

16. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $382
    Georgia is and always will be a football school, so the basketball team will always be an after thought to Kirby Smart's team. Crean is a terrible in-game coach and has had several years to back this up, even though he is a great recruiter. I completely understand why a kid would want to go somewhere close to home and play for the state school. However, given this particular coach and university, I believe we have something totally different to offer. Obviously, it will depend on what he is looking for.

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,902
    LaVall's in game coaching and sideline demeanor makes Clappy look like Phil Jackson. No one can use the "he's a bad in game coach" argument in our favor. LaVall gets owned on the sidelines game in and game out. It's been seen for two years now. When are people going to get this? I've heard it so much...well Crean sucks, does he know Crean sucks? LaVall is far from a good coach, in fact he's probably 10th out of 10 in the big east and bottom 1/3 in the country. He's awful in game. And he's supposed to be this recruiting guru...that's his only hope. That talent outweighs his "system" of dribble until death then chuck up a 3.

nindiana likes this.
  18. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,992
    I'm not a big fan of negative recruiting, but if ever there was a coach about whom a kid needs to be wary, it's Crean. He'll be recruiting over you from before you even say "yes" and the minute things get tough, your scholarship gets pulled to make room for someone else.

Separately, I find Crean and Georgia a fascinating pairing. Yeah, it's a football school. But there's no questioning his recruiting chops and there is so much talent in the Atlanta metro area that it seems like one hell of a match. And Georgia fans aren't so heavily invested in basketball that they'll get up in arms about a little dip after some success.

He's not a great in-game coach, so there's a ceiling there, but it's one I would expect Georgia fans would be OK with.

Just curious to see if he can avoid the same mistakes he made at Indiana, particularly alienating local coaches.

Sidd Finch and UDDawg like this.
  19. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $382
    LaVall has been a head coach for 3 years and is far from a finished product. Tom Crean has been awful for years and is not getting any better.

Crean had loads of talent at IU and could not do anything. I shudder to think what he would have accomplished with Fowler and Brunk in his line-ups.

#60, DawgPoundMac and Bulldogs260 like this.
  20. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $399
    Perhaps, last place?

BoyGeoff, willisbrown and nindiana like this.