Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Ohio State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $759
    And he grew up in Texas, so he might actually stick around this time. Quite possibly even more importantly, his wife grew up in Texas.

willisbrown likes this.
  2. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,899
    For a long time now this has given me Eric Hunter vibes, minus the local aspect.

3. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,285
    We weren’t afforded the ability to go all in on Hunter. And Purdue being involved was definitely a bigger hurdle.

I think the staff puts the full court press on Eugene assuming he is still the top priority (not sure that’s true or not).

4. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $518

suppose to be dropping a top 6 shortly too... interesting

5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,247
    He also said recently that OSU has shown interest, right? They just lost out on a Top 50 wing, Keon Johnson, who committed to Tennessee. We'll see if they'll ramp things up.

6. Butlerfan96

Butlerfan96 Member

Money:
    $106
  7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,527
    Yeah they could really amp up their efforts now. His field is getting tougher and tougher. This Auburn offer surely doesn't help. He can be at Auburn in a sniffle so that won't require an official. X scheduled, A&M scheduled...trying to get one at OSU. No bueno.

8. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $518
    he had some GT stuff on his insta today... Seems to show a lot of love for GT and Butler... Hopefully the loyalty stays with Auburn and O$U trying to sneak in... Another reason why we should put a lot of efforts on scooby still too

9. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,169
    Auburn joining the fray is probably the school that concerns me, to be honest. I think Butler can compete pretty well with all of the rest. If Auburn goes full-force, that will be hard to match.

10. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,361
    When will the NCAA finally nail Bruce Pearl for good? He is just a snake. Oh by the way he interviewed for the Butler job back when Collier got the job in '89.

11. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,052
    Why is that? What have they done, noteworthy on the basketball court. I know Bruce Pearl can cry on camera, but that's about all I can remember about Auburn Basketball.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,247
    Uh, they made the Final Four this year.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,527
    Kinda made the final four last year when losing their best player? Hate him all you want (anyone wants)...Pearl is an amazing coach and sideline presence. He's slick, but he's not evil. And he's amazing at what he does.

14. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,052
    I stand corrected. They've been good the past 2 years. I don't pay much attention to them and their Final Four appearance, this year, slipped my mind. The 3 years before that, though, woof.

15. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,060
    I would say that this is the biggest recruiting battle Butler has ever been involved with. Would be a nice on top of a strong class.

They could essentially just hold the scholly for him and if he did go elsewhere pocket it and use it towards a grad transfer if needed.

16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,623
    If BU were to land Coles that may be a possibility. Hopefully we will know LJ's plans soon.

17. ThePioneerLeague

ThePioneerLeague Active Member

Money:
    $403
    I'm going to venture a guess and say what happened in 3/4 years ago does not matter one bit in the eyes of a recruit. They were very good in 17/18 and were awesome this past year, and like Willis said, advanced in the NCAAT without their best player and 1st round draft pick.

With the F4 run and a charismatic coach like Pearl, they are definitely a factor. Pearl has an easy sell on how he has taken the program and shot it to heights it hasn't seen in a long time.

18. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,052
    I agree. Their success the past couple of years wasn't something that was front and center in my mind. The only thing I did remember was Pearl crying on camera :). Probably confirmation bias on my part. There's no question after a rough 3 years, under Pearl, they have been very good, much more so than I was aware. I also looked at his record at TN, which was impressive, as well. Each of the schools have something impressive about them, us included. I just hope the right talent for the right scheme with the right culture fit finds it's way to 4600 Sunset Blvd so that we can start having special years, again!

It is interesting, once you start to look at it, how many coaches, currently held in high regard, had major rough patches they worked through. Pearl's 1st 3 years at Auburn is just another in a long line of examples.

MBA2003 and DawgsMD like this.
  19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,247
    Surprise, surprise.

Guess what jersey Brown posted a Photoshop of himself wearing on his Instagram story today?

**** you, Holtmann.

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,527
    He strikes again maybe. Ha. He needs to get original with his recruiting. If IU or Butler do it, he follows suit.

Brown is simply toying with folks now. This is going to drag out. I'd love to have him but I'm not counting on it nor too bummed if we don't. We need a big and we're fine.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    seadawg likes this.