Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Ohio State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,695
    Based on how long this has been going on, the anxiety on this board and the drama I’d concur. Based on resume I’d go with Tucker, Battle or Howard.

2. Butlerfan96

Butlerfan96 Member

Money:
    $106
    I’d be surprised if he picked butler, I’d also be surprised if he didn’t if that makes any sense...

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

MBA2003 likes this.
  3. CarlosDanger

CarlosDanger Member

Money:
    $115
    A&M and Georgia worry me too because their coaches are creeps. And just like Louisville and OSU I think their athletic departments would look the other way if anything sketchy would happen to go down. I just hope Barry would be willing to do the same.

LaVall needs to follow the Coach K model and have the NBA alumni make the payment. Get Gordon, Sheldon, or Kelan to send the cash to Mr. Brown and tell him it has to be paid back when he goes pro.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  4. Butlerfan96

Butlerfan96 Member

Money:
    $106
    Terrible idea.

cornette33 likes this.
  5. CarlosDanger

CarlosDanger Member

Money:
    $115
    If your not cheating your not trying.

6. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,146
    We will eventually win the Tourney without cheating.

cornette33 likes this.
  7. CarlosDanger

CarlosDanger Member

Money:
    $115
    LaVall and the staff are under some heat. The 2020 class is stacked. Brown’s final 6 has some sketchy programs and coaches. For all we know Butler could be cheating right now.

Isn’t it ironic Auburn doesn’t make his top 6 after the NCAA suspects Brucey of foul play again?

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,840
    Guys. Stop feeding the trolls.

huss587, fdr, DawgPoundMac and 9 others like this.
  9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,840
    Couple things I found interesting. He posted the dates of his official visits on his Instagram story. He doesn't list them in chronological order which throws me off.

UGA Oct. 11-13
    GT Oct. 18-20
    TAMU Sept. 20-22
    OSU Sept. 13-15

1. Louisville doesn't make the cut for an official visit. Why even have them in his final 6? In case one of the above teams takes someone else? What if that doesn't happen until after he takes his final 4 visits? Would he dare commit somewhere without making an OV? Hoping this really means that we don't have to worry about Louisville.

2. If the dates are right, looks like only one of those above weekends have a home football game (Texas A&M vs. Auburn). You think he's consciously trying to avoid football weekends so he can be swayed 100% by the *basketball* program and not at all by football?

Tentozen and Butlerfan96 like this.
  10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,695
    A home football game at Texas A&M is an incredibly exciting experience particularly when the Corp marches out playing the theme song to the movie Patton.

MBA2003 and Butlerfan96 like this.
  11. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Active Member

Money:
    $207
    Butler football games can be pretty wild. I went to several last year and the Butler Bowl can get pretty out of control. I’ll bet there was over 100 people at each of the games I attended. When Hink pranced across the field to lead the team out, I had goose bumps on my arms. If we can only get Eugene back in the fall for a football game, I’m sure he would commit on the spot. Go Dawgs!

CarlosDanger and MBA2003 like this.
  12. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Active Member

Money:
    $207
    You sound like you have way too much time on your hands. In fact, you look like one of those guys that creep on other people’s Facebook or Instagram pages for who knows what. Give Dr. Phil a call. It appears as if you may need some help. Go Dawgs!

13. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $736
    Let's not forget Duke was like Butler in the 80s. If somehow Butler wins one title, it changes everything. Or maybe I just have a tremendous command of the obvious. Lol.

Go Dawgs!

BHayden and cornette33 like this.
  14. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Member

Money:
    $155
    In other news...I’ve blocked my first troll on this site.

dawgs2014, fdr, NCJon and 3 others like this.
  15. CarlosDanger

CarlosDanger Member

Money:
    $115
    Booooo! As a former Butler cheerleader I’m disappointed in you.

16. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,743
    Sooooo... Eugene Brown is really good and is the type of player we got left off most of the time in the cuts. We're starting to be in the conversation at the end for a lot more 4* recruits. I like it. Now just say yes to and come join the best recruiting class ever Mr. Brown and bring Coles with you... ;)

NCJon, BHayden, seadawg and 1 other person like this.
  17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,695
    Having Nike pay for recruits would also help

MBA2003 likes this.
  18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,073
    This isn’t anything new, though. Butler has no shortage of made “cuts” over the last 10 years. There is a looooong list of top 150 players butler has been in the top 4-6 for. Unless they’re actually eliminating a bunch of schools who are actually in the mix/have actual interest (and that isn’t the case with Brown), the cut thing doesn’t mean anything. It is *purely* another chance for the player to score social media points/get attention. That’s it.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,695
    I was thinking the same thing. We have also been on a lot of lists where the kid went somewhere else and it didn’t pan out for him.

kmacker69 likes this.
  20. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,743
    Sorry I was just trying to lead it back to the actual subject but Battle, Tate, and Harris are the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th highest rated recruits to commit out of high school according to 247. Seems we're getting farther with the 4* than in the past... But that is my opinion that we are really in their decisions, not just getting attention. ;) Not a poke at you, but clarifying my thought.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019