Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Ohio State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,426
    Hopefully he learned just how much he loved Hinkle...but I agree it doesn’t sound great.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,241
    Really hoping it's just another cut. Final 3, please.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,485
    As I said, he's so going there.

No worries, we're gonna nail Scooby and are still in good shape with Coles. Scooby will be a wing in college, so, we'll be just fine. Arguably his game (and health) are better than Brown's. Archive.

4. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,209
    It’s nice having butler in the position they are now. Hasn’t been like this ever. Props to Lavall for putting us in a position where if we can’t land Eugene we are still in not good but great shape.

5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,052
    If you want to look at it from the optimist's perspective, every other team on his visit list is a large school, like O$U. Why do anything now, unless you decided the huge university feel isn't your thing?

There's also the small possibility that Woods is right and we only want one more and there is competition for that spot.

In any event, we have to feel pretty good that we will get, at least, one more commit that we can feel really good about before all is said and done.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,485
    He strikes me as the type that needs the hype of a large football school. Always has. If we didn't lock him down when he visited, with the other schools after him, we were done. But it is nice to know that...whatever. Shrug your shoulders and just hope that Scooby hits or that Coles hits (or both). Coles at ND this weekend. IF he doesn't pop, I think that says we're still in very good shape. And we are the front runner on Scooby....which, excellent. Bold prediction-Scooby will be a better college player than Brown, by a lot.

7. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,209
    Did any other schools gain a commit or anything that would eliminate them from his list?

8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,499
    Wonder why CarlosJohnson hasn’t committed?

9. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,052
    Same, here.

10. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $212
    Did he have any other in homes this week other than Butler and Ohio State. If not I think it’s a commitment and my gut is 25/75 call between BU and OsU

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,241
    Texas A&M was in as well.

12. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $1,209
    Butler has been on him from day 1. If he doesn’t commit it’s just a kid wanting a big school atmosphere. Nothing wrong with it.

Army Dawg!!! likes this.
  13. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $476
    I hope we get Brown, but if he chooses another school I wish him well (unless he plays against Butler). The small school atmosphere isn’t for everyone. We are so much better today than we
    Were a year ago in regards to recruits. Props to Lavall and company for even getting us in the door with some of these recruits. The next step is winning and development, then Butler will have opportunities in closing the deal with them. Saying that, Scooby and Coles are no consultation prize. Either one or all 3 would be awesome.

14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,019
    In some scouts circles Coles and Scooby are going to be more impactful to a team or teams than Brown will be. Nothing against Brown the dude is a stud and I want him and he looks like he has NBA upside, but Coles and Scooby will have better college careers is the word in the street.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,060
    105948.jpeg

No idea what this means .. as in I don't know who made the picks.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  16. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,052
    Corey Evans changed his prediction from Butler to O$U and someone else posted a new O$U prediction.

17. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,060
    Son of a .....! Is he not even going to take his other officials?

18. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,052
    No clue. It seems strange that he would cancel other visits to large schools after his first large school visit, but maybe he likes the O$U staff.

But really, anything could happen, at this point. It's all speculation.

19. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,108
    This sure seems like an OSU commitment is coming. Oh well. Let’s get Scooby.

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,485
    I thought he'd get to at least a couple more...but I'm afraid it's all over. Holt strikes again. But in the real world, as soon as teams like Georgia, Ohio St, aTm came in...we were done. And like I said earlier, meh. I want Scooby and Scooby will man the wing.

Optimist in me (it barely exists)-chatter may be loud among all the kids about Scooby+Butler, and Brown knows he'd be a wing here, doesn't want a ticket to that dance. I'll trade a Scooby commit for a Brown loss all day every day. Close on Scooby, let this one go, I'm about as happy as I can imagine with this class.

MBA2003 likes this.