Eugene Brown - 2020 Small Forward (Ohio State)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 27, 2018.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    Totally spaced that, good call. Who replaced Schrage, John Calipari????

2. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,521
    I am a season ticket holder for Butler Basketball.
    I have talked with Brad Stevens. Brad Stevens coached at Butler.
    Stevens has also coached for the Boston Celtics.
    The Celtics have won 17 NBA Championships.
    Therefore I have won 17 NBA Championships.

The logic makes sense to me....

DawgsMD, mwall787 and SpartanDawgs like this.
  3. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,287
    Since clearly research, and by proxy, education, is clearly not a strong suit of Mr. Brown's, allow me to assist him out of the kindness of my heart.

Recent OSU players:

Sullinger - Bust
    Mullens - Bust
    Turner - Bust
    Koufus - Bust
    Cook - Bust
    Russell - Had a good year last year, but was definitely towing the bust line for a while

Conley is a stud and if not for the injuries, Oden would have been a stud too. However, if you saw any of those guys at LN, you could have put them on University of Maryland Eastern Shores, the 353rd ranked team on KenPom, and I am pretty sure they would have gone pro and done well.

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    Yeah, and their current staff didn't sniff any of those guys.

Keita Bates-Diop and Kelan Martin are the only guys I can think of who the OSU staff can sort of credit themselves with developing into the NBA. But both those guys (I love you Kelan, but it's the truth) are fringe NBA/G-League guys right now.

5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,809
    I think a lot of us on this board were prepared for this. Maybe not the fact it was OSU, but nonetheless the tea leaves said as much. I have never been a fan of self promotion and hype, thus I am not greatly upset or surprised about his decision. Perhaps now BU can concentrate elsewhere. Brown did us a favor. I truly never envisioned him as a BU type of guy. Best of luck to him.

wazthree, MBA2003 and PharmDDawg like this.
  6. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,729
    Well said seadog, I have to agree! Butler has two schollies left, let's fill them wisely.

wazthree likes this.
  7. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $232
    But they won the TBT this year

8. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,287
    LOL I know you're just kidding but going from NBA 1st round pick to winning the TBT is like going from running the kitchen at St. Elmo's to making salads at Golden Corral.

9. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,340
    bumba likes this.
  10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292
    Fixed it.

bmradio99, PharmDDawg and godogs91 like this.
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292
    I think Scooby is the player most of us still want.

PharmDDawg and ButlerFan89 like this.
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,038
    Yeah and that's not people feeling slighted and upset with Brown. I believe most feel that was regardless of what happened with Brown. I'm more than fine with Scooby and think he'll perform better in the big east maybe than Brown. I've thought that for awhile though. I really like Brown's game. I really love Scooby's game.

MBA2003 likes this.
  13. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,840
    Even though I was disappointed when all of the Butler head coaches left for other jobs, I have to say there is just a completely different feeling with Holtmann.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

ButlerFan89 likes this.
  14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,600
    I also think that people here saw the writing on the wall with Brown. If he was going to commit, then he would have on the visit. After that, it was just free attention.

15. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,193
    Brown has been blatantly panning for attention on social media for a while now. I said quite a while ago that those players dont come to Butler and I'd given up on Brown. No shock here.

Land Scooby and we still achieve a great outcome.

seadawg likes this.
  16. Blue three

Blue three Active Member

Money:
    $107
    Holtman and staff are fantastic recruiters and having the resources available
    to them at OSU makes them very dangerous. I’m just pissed we wasted a plane flight and expense on going to visit Brown last week. Might as well done a Skype call for that result. I wonder if he even called LJ to let him know he wasn’t coming to butler? Oh well I won’t character Assassinate the young lad but he seems a little misguided.

I hope OSU wins a national championship in football because that’s the closest he’ll get to touching a trophy.

17. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,248
    [​IMG]

An absurd level of butt hurt blasts its way....

[​IMG]

into the archives! Goodbye Eugene, I'm sure Holmann and Co cheated to get you :rolleyes:

18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292
    O$U has a fantastic glut of guys who can play the 3/4. We'll see if Brown makes any impact on the court at the 2. He's not going to take minutes away from Top 50 incoming freshmen like EJ Liddell and Alonzo Gaffney.

Insane Dawg and UDDawg like this.
  19. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,109
    I have a feeling Brown will find his way onto the court somehow. I truly believe he is one of the most underrated players in the country. I wish we would have pounced a little earlier and maybe we could have sealed things up before OSU ever got involved. But oh well, I think the class will be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,809
    Brown may well have the talent to rise to the next level?