Evan Boudreaux - 2015 Power Forward (Dartmouth)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,252
    Yeah, I agree with the 4 not having to be strictly a freak athlete. I had previously advocated for an athletic stretch type 4 (which would still be awesome), but I also think a skilled 4 (which I mentioned in my previous post) a la Chrabasz would be a great fit. I have come around to agree with your overarching point---just try and get the best 1 (or hopefully 2) players available, regardless of position. Ultimately, if we have top tier players, we will be fine even if we have holes at a particular position. At the end of the day, I think the most important piece offensively is to have a dual threat alongside KB so that he can't be the sole focus of the opposing team's defense (or if he is, we make them pay a price).

pappyball and SpartanDawgs like this.
  2. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Well it doesn’t sound like we’ve reached out. If that’s the case I just don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dippper61 likes this.
  3. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,252
    just curious but do you have any inside information or is this your hunch?

4. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $480
    Agree!

I thought he would tell Jared if Butler reached out? Jared hasn't told us any news yet :(

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    Maybe the staff knows he’s following Mack to UL. Or that Purdue is the leader. With all the transfers popping up, makes sense to put your energy into the ones you have a real shot with. The fact that he opened up the recruiting before waiting to see who the next X HC is, makes me thinks he has a landing spot.

peeps112 likes this.
  6. Tedward

Tedward New Member

Money:
    $29
    Though I am not suggesting Evan is not talented or would be a good pickup, but the style of play Lavall wants to go might not fit Evan's skill set. Sees like Lavall maybe going the route of wanting to play 2 players that are more like 3's instead of a 3 and a 4 and go with a faster team that spreads out the floor. Ryan Taylor would more likely fits this and only gives up 2 inches compared to Evan where it seems Evan's style might fit a slower pace offense.

7. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,252
    I think the last two posts—that even if interested Evan may have eyes elsewhere and our coaches are honing in on a few they perceive have mutual interest and that Evan may not be the best fit are valid points.

The tea leaves thus far seems to be the coaches focusing on guards (walker and woods) and wings (Taylor). Has there been any contact to 4s or 5s (Finke, Evan, etc)?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,252
    Jared I assume that you haven’t heard from Evan but a separate question is whether Evan is interested in us? Any ideas on where he wants to go. He had previously visited Colorado and Purdue before picking X, so I am wondering if he even sees Butler as a top choice.

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    Read that Evan was recruited to X by Murray, who’s joining Mack at UL. Have to imagine UL will be in great shape if they want him.

10. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    Yep. Would be surprised if he wasn’t following these guys to UL. Otherwise, why announce you are opening up so quickly?

bumba likes this.
  11. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,525
    I was thinking Louisville would probably be an early leader. But would you really want to follow up an Ivy League education with going to Papa John's U?

12. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,252
    There is a case for Butler being a contender (in addition to tourney track record which he cited for Xavier and is true for us, Purdue, and UL). If he picked Xavier in part because of its size then we would stand out compared with Purdue and UL . Also, maybe it means nothing, but the fact that he said he would keep jared up to date is suggestive of at least mild interest—you would think he would just ignore jared if he had no plans of going to Butler.

BHayden likes this.
  13. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,317
    Aren't most grad transfers looking for a shot at the NCAA tournament? With a couple of different clouds hanging over UL's program, it may not be as attractive of a landing spot.

Hinkle likes this.
  14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,835
    There is a highlight video on YouTube from his time playing at Dartmouth. Would be interested in others opinions after you watch it.

15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    Very good point.

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,556
    Honestly, we said the same thing about McD last summer.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  17. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,067
  18. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,835
    I just can't believe neither LJ or Boudreaux didn't post something to tell us where they stand!

huss587 likes this.
  19. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Thanks Jared please keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,067
    The only other info I have is that he will probably finalize his visits by this weekend and he doesn’t want to drag the process out. Mack is still on him hard but he is definitely looking at others places as well.

Evan hasn’t told me anything that might hint at who the favorites are or where Butler stands, so I have no inside info on a prediction. I really hope I’m wrong, but I still don’t think Butler will be the choice here. Again, that is more of a gut feeling, so don’t let that impact your view on Butler’s chances. If there is any update I’ll pass it along.

BHayden likes this.